1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CURE FOR LJUTIC?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Vince McNamara, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I had the same problem with my DB-81. the chamber was oversized so I sent it to Briley and they rechambered it. The cost was around $200. I can shoot any shell now.

Vince McNamara

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I never have a problem with factory loads with steel rims but reloads, if I don't size them fully, will stick once in awhile. Ljutics show no mercy..I carry a 4" piece of brass to knock those stuborn ones out. I questioned Ljutic about the situation and was told" if your going to buy a first rate shotgun, why are you shooting junk shells?

Big Jack

3. husker

husker Member

I found that a steel chamber brush (not a bore brush) cures that problem in my Ljutics. A few strokes after a couple hundred rounds gets the crud out of the chamber and lets the Ljutic kick them over my shoulder. Other Ljutic shooters have found this solution inexpensive and effective.

Roger Hudson

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Try polishing the chamber with 600 grit paper. Place a strip of the paper in a slot in a dowel. Use an electric drill to turn the dowel and SLIGHTLY clean and enlarge the diameter of the chamber.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

It sounds like I made the right choice in the K-80. It eats cheap shells just fine.

I am curious as to why a cheap shell will not work in the Ljutic. I saw a Kolar that had this problem but there was actually a small "step" (maybe .003") about a 1/4" from the breech end of the chamber that "held" steel headed hulls - the brass hulls seemed to "relax" after firing and came out OK.

Don

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

My MX-10 doesn't have a problem with them either. RG

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've been having the problem with my X-73 when shooting WW Super-Targets...and I've got a chamber brush and I've done the polish thing...to no avail....so this year I bought 10 flats of 1oz #8 AA's and no more problem....I don't have access to Estates or Rios or any of the other bargain ammo, plus the 1oz loads are sooo nice to shoot...

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

JayZap- Estates are the only brand of discount shells I have found that will eject from my K-80. I was interested in your similar comment about your Ljutic.
    I do not shoot many discount shells. Right now I have 4 flats of Estates and 45 flats of new AA shells.

Pat Ireland

9. 4130

4130 TS Member

Own ljutic's ,one I sold of Reno manufacture had wide ejector/extractor where more bearing surface engaged rim no problem existed narrow width ones seem vulnerable when steel rims expands under pressure causing ejections problems.

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

There is no cure for Ljutic. I'm hooked and have been from the first weekend I used mine.

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about my addiction. LOL

11. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Yeah right. NO comparison. Steve

PS-my Ljutic is on the way. Personally, I dont plan on using the cheap shells in it. AA's or STS all the way.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If I owned a Ljutic that wouldn't shoot steel based shells like other Ljutics can, I'd be for finding the answer why not. I personally don't care much at all for them but they are here to stay. I'd guess chambers cut with a newer chamber reamer measures a tad bigger then another on down the line. All within the manufacturers + or - tolerances of course. Hap

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a cheap gun. You don't deserve to shoot a Ljutic!!!!

14. Wentez

Wentez Member

I have Dynokic #57 - they have a spring to push up on the EXTRACTOR - no ejector - do not know about the Mono but thought they had an ejector.

Jimmy's solution for the Dyno was to fit a Selka type extractor. The end of the extractor cams against a peg that he put into the hinge pin. It will positively extract any shell but it is not an ejector.

Ask Jimmy if he could make a mod like he did on my gun.

George Wentz

15. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Mine is less than a year old and RIOs were sticking in it. I polished the chamber with a brake hone and now it's fine.

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Another day in my bad life. My car breaks down - no one has ever had that problem or heard of it, everybody else complains of a problem and I have already seen it 10 times before, then read all the so called fixes. George is the only one with the right answer. There is a spring under the ejector.It needs a stronger spring installed. Several people at our club have had this problem, changed the spring and no more problem. If you email me I will ask what application spring they are putting in. Don

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

cdconley....I share you sentiments exactly...been afflicted with the same thing since '83 when I first shot mine....

18. redhawk

redhawk Member

I've got a Dynokic Supreme,and the cheap shells that stick seems to be the plastic hull that expands and sticks,not the metal base.I even cut one apart that stuck, and the base fit in just fine.
    Kurt

19. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Before you start boring the chamber, find out if the problem is due to under or oversized chamber dimensions. Better yet, contact Ljutic.

20. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

When steel base shells expand after firing they don't rebound back like brass does. Rifle shooters have known this forever that is why we don't use steel cases for rifle and pistol shooting. Some semiautomatic rifles and handguns as well as full autos can use steel or aluminum cases because of their immediate and violent extraction. If you don’t believe me try some steel case military 45 ammo designed for full auto use in a 625 Smith and see what happens to you. It doesn't make any difference how much oversize or undersize the chamber is the steel will still drag heavily on extraction. Ljutics cannot handle this heavy extraction because they use spring power only for extraction. Husker is absolutely correct if you use a chamber brush and keep the chamber clean the spring power is usually adequate for extraction. Mine lets me know as soon as the chamber is dirty usually after about 300 rounds. Some brands of shells are worse than others probably because the steel bases are rougher and have more friction on extraction.

jim brown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.