1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

culligan water softener

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Simon Engraving, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

hi has anyone ever put new media in a culligan tank. not talking about salt tank. what is involved and has anyone ever done this. does media last forever and what type to use .how much to use in relation to height of tank. thnks for any input howard

2. Captain Smoke

Captain Smoke Member

I will tell you that it is not very hard to replace resin. However some of the old culligan Mark 512 "I think" had a steel tank and if I remember correctly there was a poly bag inside of the tank to hold the resin. You would know if you remove the outer jacket, if you have outer jacket, and see if it is fiberglass spun. If fiberglass you are good. As for how much look at the tube that goes down from head if it just goes down then that is a standard riser and the resin should be 50% of the tank height. If the tube goes down to the bottom and then comes back approx. 2/3 the way back up then you have a turbulator and the resin should be 11" from the top. the problem is you will only see the tube once you flush all the resin out of the tank. I just remembered if you look under the head where the head and tank meet see if it looks like 2 attachments to tank because I think that would be steel and not replaceable. I hope this helps you for what I know about Culligan. I have been an Aqua Systems dealer for 20+ years and re bedded many of them just not culligan. Trent

3. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

thnks trent have a mark 50 unit. i think u r right i think there is a plastic bag inside the tank. would there be a tube inside or not.unit works good but neverhad media changed in 35 years.tank had life time warranty against leaks.is there any specialmedia to use. culligan is not friendly to talk to so u r my best source .thnks howard. were do you get media is any 1 better than other

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Go to www.bigbrandwater.com and they give you some info. and also give them a call and they will answer all your questions and have product for your tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

culligan mark 512 water softener