1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cudos to the MSSA...Home Grounds..Thurmont

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Just back from a wonderful day at the new Maryland State Home Grounds at Thurmont, MD. MSSA, having ended it's association with the Millington complex, excepting one more shoot, I'm told, are committed to the new facilities at their old Home Grounds at Thurmont. Classification, Squadding, and Cashiering were as smooth and effortless as any venue I've attended. They have two banks throwing perfect targets into as good a background as you'll find anywhere. They offered very nice trophies and provided good food, reasonably priced. I especially liked the Doubles setup where the shooter and his squad could go and shoot that portion of the program whenever they liked. For instance, an early singles squad could easily shoot the doubles before their Handicap got called, and it moved things right along.

I know there's been some grumbling, but give it a chance. I mean it's not like the ATA moving the Grand from Vandalia to Sparta; but more like them moving it BACK! Way to go MSSA you done good!

One more thing. There is no association or grounds/facilities sharing between MSSA Home Grounds and the Thurmont Sportsman's club, who's property adjoins, although there is good will and cooperation between the two clubs. Both groups host their own venues at their respective facilities, and all are welcome to participate at either. I understand there are camping facilities at the MSSA Home Grounds, now, with more to be added, along with ample parking up on the hill right behind the trapline. It's a good setup and MSSA is to be congratulated.

Best Mike

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I hope to get there to check it out again once I'm feeling better...of course I'm still a fan of shooting millington too...variety in venues is one of the main things that keeps this sport interesting

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

I'm looking forward to shooting there. Hopefully within the near future.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.