1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cuba drilling for oil - 50 miles from Key West

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I see where Cuba will be drilling for oil off the coast of Florida beginning in December. I'm so damn glad it is Cuba and not some US based greedy, profit seeking oil company, aren't you?

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it. Spend the lifes of our young men and women and the tresure of our people to protect Mid East oil and then let somebody else have the oil right off our shore.

Thanks Ojackass.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The drilling operation is being bank rolled by the Chinese and thats where the crude will be going.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Isn't Cuba off the coast of Florida? The boundry waters off Florida ends 45 miles out. It must be Obama's fault. What a mess that would be to stop Cuba from drilling for oil in there own waters. I suppose if we can get them to remove missiles, we should be able to stop them from drilling for oil. Come on, really! By the way Florida does not want drilling off there shores, because any kind of a spill that close would destroy that states economy. Also, exploration was going on during the Bush years in this area. But I know you can't blame Bush. Bush should have bombed them when they where exploring, then we would not have to worry about them drilling. Make sense.

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

C'mon folks....you KNOW we can depend on the Chinese to conduct their drilling operations in the most environmentally sensitive manner.
    Oh H*LL Yea we can....

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Would a spill endanger Florida's pristine beaches? Of course, but we can do nothing about it because they don't require our government's permission to drill. Only our oil companies do and we won't give it because - wait for it -it endangers Florida's pristine beaches. In short, the dasnger is the same but we (the US) gets no benefit! What's wrong with this picture?

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn.......they didn't even hear the noise as your statement flew right over their heads. lol

7. t-bar

t-bar Member

I heard it Stl Flyn!

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Not sure why all the fuss, you couldn't ruin the beach there. ;-)

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Obama set up Brazil with the oil rigs he wouldn't let start back up in the gulf. Now Brazil will be drilling in the gulf with them and selling the oil back to us if we are lucky.

10. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Can you say "I drink your milkshake"?.

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Okay Silverbullet - How did Obama do the deal with Brazil?

12. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Oh, and by the way, the Brazil deal was another that involved George Soros as a stockholder.

The story is there was no US taxpayer money that went to Brazil, the loans were made up by private instutions, but once again, there is Soros.

The money was approved by the US Export-Import Bank.

Here is the mission statement of that bank:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"About Ex-Im | The Agency

Mission

The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets.

Ex-Im Bank enables U.S. companies — large and small — to turn export opportunities into real sales that help to maintain and create U.S. jobs and contribute to a stronger national economy.

Ex-Im Bank does not compete with private sector lenders but provides export financing products that fill gaps in trade financing. We assume credit and country risks that the private sector is unable or unwilling to accept. We also help to level the playing field for U.S. exporters by matching the financing that other governments provide to their exporters.

Ex-Im Bank provides working capital guarantees (pre-export financing); export credit insurance; and loan guarantees and direct loans (buyer financing). No transaction is too large or too small. On average, 85% of our transactions directly benefit U.S. small businesses.

With more than 77 years of experience, Ex-Im Bank has supported more than $456 billion of U.S. exports, primarily to developing markets worldwide.

Updated: May 31, 2011"

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

We should be drilling not the cubans

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If we showed up 50 miles off Cubas or Chinas shore to drill China would see that as an act of war and the shooting would start. Don't give a damn if it's China's money or not. It's WRONG. Drill in your own backyard.

Does anyone really believe if there's a spill that China will step up and handle it?? Of course not. There'd be at least 10 years of finger pointing and blaming the Cubans. Cubas has no money. Hell they don't have enough money to even fix that fleet of 55' & 57' Chevys that are up on blocks down there much less handle a spill of any magnitude. Good luck with the International Courts when you try to recover your damages. It's a train wreck in the making.

Just another WH F up coming that will be paid for by the taxpayers eventually.

15. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

People on here are complaining about Cuba drilling 50 miles off the coast of Key West. Just how far do you think Cuba is from Key West anyway. It is a whole 90 miles. So they are only 40 miles off the coast of Cuba in their own waters.

I am not advocating it, I am just stating that they have a right to do it just like we have the right to drill 50 miles off the coast of Cuba which would only be 10 miles from where they are drilling.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I'm sure if Castro's boys spil some oil which screws up the beaches in the keys and the Florida coastline they will gladly pay damages. We can trust Castro, no?

17. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Si senor Galt.

18. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

frostyman, finally, someone who knows arithmatic.

I don't think we have to worry about Castro spilling any oil unless it comes from his leaky boat.

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

No sir, Senor Castro is an expert at oil exploration and has the Red Chinese to help him. We can trust those communists to look our for us, no?

20. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Daddiooo, I saw a show on PBS that showed them rebuilding all the 55-57 Chevies and some newer, hell they were making their own parts and they had them looking pretty good LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.