1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CT State Shoot at Hartford Gun Club 6/26-6/28

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ercowles, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ercowles

ercowles Member

The Connecticut State Shoot will be held at the Hartford Gun Club, East Granby, Conn., beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday (6/26) with the preliminary singles (100 targets), prliminary handicap (100 targets) and preliminary doubles (50 pair).

Championship Singles in five classes (AA,A,B,C and D), will consist of 200 targets, and be shot beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday. Championship Doubles (50 pair) will be shot begining at 9 a.m. Sunday, with Championship Handicap following the doubles event on Sunday.

The program for Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be shot on 10 traps in a five-bank system. Every other trap will be a starting trap for Singles and Handicap events. Every trap will be a starting trap for Doubles.

Singles and Handicap will be shot 50 targets on each of two fields, with five targets shot at each post twice without a break between the 25s. Shooters must be on the line with 50 shellls.

Squads will be limited on Friday to 36-36-20 for Singles, Handicap and Doubles; on Saturday to 48; and on Sunday to 32-48 for Doubles and Handicap. Trophies will be RESIDENT and NON-RESIDENT only; no open trophies.

For camping information, please contact Tom DeVito, manager of the Hartford Gun Club at 860-658-1614.

Ed Cowles
    Trap Co-chair
    Hartford Gun Club

2. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Is there going to be any practice traps open??

-Christopher Vendel

3. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Mr Vendel,speaking for myself,the practice traps are running at the Ct. State Shoot.
    Sandy Holehouse

4. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Ok thanks see you there

5. ercowles

ercowles Member

Our plan is to have practice available on Thursday, starting at noon. ATA members shoot at members' prices: $4/round

Ed Cowles
    HGC

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If you're thinking about attending this shoot, I highly recommend you do so and presquad early. Their squad limits are not stated without reason - they do not have lights and at least used to have a curfew they had to observe.

I don't think you'll find a nicer place to shoot and targets that are easier to see anywhere. The traps are all gone over by Pat for the shoot and the background is the same for all traps - very dark green mature trees on a bank 150 yards or so from the traps so no target can go above them. I broke a 200 in the singles championship there in 2001 so you know they're easy!

Food is served by several caterers so there is a decent variety from which to choose. The trophies were nice and also varied in type. It's one of the shoots I hope to visit again some day and I only wish it was closer to my home.

Ed

7. ercowles

ercowles Member

Thanks for the kind words, Ed. We hope this year will be better than ever.

Now, more about practice during the Connecticut State Shoot:

We will have 11 traps in operation -- 10 for competition and one for practice on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, PROVIDED we don't have to pull the practice trap out for use to cover a breakdown of one of the event traps. During the shoot, the practice trap will be geared to the upcoming event...that is, if handicap is next, the practice field will be set up for handicap; if doubles is next, the practice field will be throwing doubles.

Ed Cowles
    HGC Trap Co-chair

8. ercowles

ercowles Member

9. ercowles

ercowles Member

The Hartford Gun Club will be open for practice for the Connecticut State Shoot at noon on Thursday (6/26). ATA members shoot at HGC member prices of $4/round.

Ed Cowles
    Trap Co-chair HGC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata state shoot program ct

hartford gun club state shoot