1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CRUISE to the 2011 ALASKA State shoot - part II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, we've had our initial phone conversations with Princess, and the marketing guy is going to be in Anchorage the first week of August to meet with me.

Current plans are to have ads running in Trap and Field by the fall...Princess is going to establish a package cruise that fits the dates of the shoot and they book through US Travel - you call one 800 number, and get the airfare, the cruise, the hotels in Anchorage, any side trips you want (Denali, fishing, glacier cruising, whatever) from that one phone call.

Of course I'll keep things updated here....but it looks like we're going to have something to offer shooters

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska President

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jeff- What a great way to promote your shoot.

Pat Ireland

3. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

DO NOT tell them about the Salmon feed next Saturday at the State Shoot or the fun there are missing Jeff.

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Can we invite my favorite politician?

5. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Jeff, I hope you are some one takes some pictures from your State Shoot and shows us all what we are missing. Can't wait till 2011. Danny

6. gary0920

gary0920 Member

How will the guns be transported? I can't believe the cruise lines will allow guns on board.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Gary, that might be the sticking point. But there are two ways around it.

the cruise is after the shoot...that's the best date and the one that fits the best, so that's what we're targeting.

Folks can fly up with their guns and then mail them home to themselves while they're on the cruise.

or we have two gun shops up here that I believe will receive them, so when they get here, they can pick them up at the shop, shoot, and mail home.

or they can mail them to me - four or five guys do it every year now. And I'll hold them while they're on the cruise and then mail them home.

Pat, thanks for the kind words. You have a PM.

jeff

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Jeff. Martin and I are coming to the 2011 state shoot. It will be his early birthday present from me. I think we may fly in and out, though. Not sure about that yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.