1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Crossover stocks?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

years ago Anton made a crossover stock for Vic Reinder's wife Tommy. they look wierd as hell, and are usually expensive, but supposely work. i know a guy who took an Anton roll over stock and sanded away the roll over and it basically did the same thing. save some money and grief and try a "magic Dot" first to see if that solves your problems. also try the attachment that some shooters place on their barrel to stop your eye dominence problems.
    steve balistreri

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cross over stocks have generally been replaced by off set ribs or off set scopes. They work well for shooters who have lost vision in one eye. They are probably extreme measures for cross dominance problems.

Pat Ireland

3. old tex

old tex TS Member

They work well for those who have lost sight in their dominant eye.

Mr. Melvin Wiley of Ft. Worth TX had Wenig build 2 for his trap gun after a stroke damaged his "shooting Eye".

He has been able to successfully shoot trap for the past few years because of them.

unc

4. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Just in case anyone is interested I have a very nice crossover stock for a Remington 870. It is for a left handed shooter, right eye dominant. Comes with all the mounting hardwear. If you are interested give me a call at 208/476/7480 Pacific time and I can send you some pictures.
    Carey

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I use crossover stocks and I also use the Carey Sidesighter. I have good results from both. I would buy another Carey sidesighter if someone has one for sale at a good price. I would also be interested in a crossover stock for a K-32 or K-80.

6. old tex

old tex TS Member

Melvin Wiley # is 817 926 8800

He is a fine gentleman aand I'll bet he'll be glad to advise you!

old tex

7. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Kevin that sent me an email about the crossover 870 stock please try again or give me a call at 208/476/7480. The return emails are coming back undelivered.
    Thanks Carey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.