1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

crossover stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim101, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Wenig's in Linclon Mo. does a good job on them from the few that I've seen.

Jim

2. old tex

old tex TS Member

echo Zardoz

3. mwmd

mwmd Member

www.billscustomrecoilreducer.com/

see site for a photo of a crossover stock that he makes

mwmd in az

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

don't know if a cross over rib would work or not but might be a start.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/products/?action=view&current=SideRib1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Fog

5. Crossover

Crossover TS Member

I was searching the web when i found this thread and joined this site. I am right handed and lost sight in my right eye last summer. I tried going lefty but i couldnt get comfortable, i coud shoot OK at the range with time to prepare but i didnt feel safe around people. I looked eveywhere to find an answer. I now have 3 guns fit with crossover stocks. Wening gunstock in MO made them for me. They are awsome, it has made shooting fun again. Let me know if i can answer any questions for you. Fog, did you make that crossover rib? I will post some pictures when I figure out how.

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Fogs is a good solution for many but the recoil is the problem not the eye needs crossover.

I'll make one but I hate to.

You could also try fogs solution and 28 ga inserts.

When shooting an add on rib block out the non shooting eye at first it will help the learning curve for most.

I wish your friend luck and years of shooting fun.

Joe

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The ribbed barrel above is my brothers. Such a rib will work on either side of the gun for the master or only eye. My brother lost his right master eye in a construction accident and wanted to continue shooting right handed. This, after shooting left handed for quite some time. He shot it well, breaking his highest score ever with it too.

I too shot this set but I had to close my right eye to do so. I smashed targets with his gun just fine!

I'd choose the off-side rib way before I'd have an off-set stock made, from a recoil/cost standpoint.

Hap

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Thanks hap for the info on the cross over rib above I thought it was your brother that had it done.

I only posted it for the ones that might want to try it first before spending a lot more money on a true fitted cross over stock sometimes we have to put off some of the luxury items for a bit and pay bills instead but thought it might be a quick fix for awhile.

Foggy

9. Crossover

Crossover TS Member

Where can i get one of those ribs? I would love to be able to shoot my strait stocked guns again. That could be The answer for a lot less money.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Crossover, PM sent in your direction. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are crossover stock guns satisfactory
cross over stock for shotgun

crossover gun stock

crossover gunstock

crossover shotgun stock

crossover stock shotgun