1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Crossfire Eliminator

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerryw, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I had a Item install on the gun I just traded off. It was called a sight blinder of something like that. It prevented my left eye from seeing the bead. I don't remember where I got it. It was a small piece of metal bent 90 degree and installed on the rib just behind the bead. Does anyone know where you can get these? I need one for my new gun.

Thanks

Jerry Walker

2. zoom

zoom TS Member

Look up Meadow Industries LLC in VA. PH # 434-589-5541. They sell the Sight Blind. Good luck

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jerry...

Just use a 3/4" piece of scotch tape over the affected eye. Cheaper and works better. Besides, you're supposed to be looking at the bird....not the bead!!

Curt

4. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Zoom,
    That is it thanks, I will give them a call.

Curt,
    I understand all of that. Sometimes I just can't do it. LOL. I'm a old dog and it is hard to teach me new tricks.

Thanks Guys,

Jerry Walker

5. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Everyone says look at the bird and not the bead but I'll bet everyone here sees the bead. Yes, you focus on the bird but the bead is in your line of vision. If the left eye of right handed shooter focuses on the target the bead will still be there but the angle is wrong.

Telling someone to look at the target and not the bead is kinda like telling a rifle or pistol shooter to look at the sight and not the target. Yes, that is what you do but if the target is not in the line of vision you will not hit it.

6. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

FlaLagarto

The device that you are asking about went out of production about thirty years ago. They were gun specific.

7. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I just purchased two of the sight blinders from Gamaliel Shooting Supply. Their email is www.shootingsupplies.com or toll free number 800-356-6230. They are held in place by double sided tape that really holds. About $15 each. I shoot right handed but am left eye dominate, this allowed me to shoot with both eyes open and not have to put tape over my left eye. Really works for me. Bob

8. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Drew,

Thanks but I have already ordered one from Meadow Ind.

I appreciate all of the input.

Jerry Walker

9. Billster

Billster TS Member

Jerry

I was noticing that on lazy straightaways my eyes would suddenly 'dance' and upset my sight pic once or twice/round. Couldn't figure out WTH it was. Buddy suggested my left eye is trying to pick up the bead/light-pipe. I said 'no - i'm right eye dominant'. He said 'doesn't matter'. Got the crossfire preventor and, it's nuts, but it seems to make a difference. or...maybe spending $$ makes me think i'm shooting better. Who the hell knows? HAHAHA.
    bill

10. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Billster- Your buddy is very astute it is not your imagination.

11. Norris

Norris TS Member

I had Phillip Crenwelge of Phillip's Gunsmithing (formerly with P&P Gunsmithing)install his crossfire eliminator on four k-80 barrels today. It is really nice. Nothing on top of the rib and attached to the side of the rib by screws. Just another quality job by Phillip. I like it much better than the kind you attach to the top of the rib with tape. Good luck.......Norris

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I watched your video Phil and it opened my eyes(pardon the pun) to crossfire.
    My barrel will sometimes do a loop-d-loop tracking a target. I was thinking I was flinching but maybe I have crossfire. I'm left handed, left eye dominate.
    Would the tape on the right lens be a good starting point to check? Dave T.

13. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Dave T-- just go through the process I outlined in my video. In my experience most forend flinches originate with a cross-fire. If you need to discuss email pkinerATphilkinerDOTCOM

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Norris....How far do the screw heads stick out to the side after Phil installed the units? Are they flush with the metal blade or do they protrude? Thanks.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

15. abiezer

abiezer Guest

I use the HiViz Magni Comp.
    http://www.hivizsights.com/MagniComp-Magni-Optic-Technology-P79C0.aspx

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

If the link works (It is kind of long) this is one place to get them. This link goes directly to the item on Gamaliel Shooting Supply.

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=2231&cat=1208&page=1&XCARTSESSID=edf3275

Bob Lawless

17. Norris

Norris TS Member

Dan Trap2,

The screws have a small hex head that does protude. Phil used two different sizes on two barrels. The small (narrow) old K-80 O/U rib required a reallllly small hex screw. The screws used on my Trap Special ribs were a little bigger. However, they are not very big. Looking down both barrels the hex heads don't seem to be any problem. I never liked the bump that the tape-on type left on your rib. Phil did a professional job and I would do it again. I'm at Red Mountain in Arizona and picked up the last barrel today. Hope things are going well up north. I am planning on the WA State ATA shoot in Walla Walla and possible the WA State PITA at Evergreen. Depends on weather and family.

Take care and good luck.....Norris

18. white rattler

white rattler Member

Phil, Welcome back. Trevor Dawe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cross fire eliminator rib

crossfire eliminator
crossfire eliminator video
crossfire eliminators