1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross your fingers,,,,,,

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by H82MIS, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Cheap gas and no where to go,,,,,

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It's happening faster than I thought it would. People my age missed the depression, but I think we may be in for worse.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

In the depression people were civilised. Not so much anymore. Could get real interestin'.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bankers got theirs, and more yet from Uncle Sam. 52% or the first bailout money went for salaries and dividends. I'm sure they will still enjoy the European Ski Holidays and living in their gated communities.

Our elected servants have a different master than us.

175 Dollar Remington Primers will curtail my shooting somewhat no matter how cheap the gas os.

My brain says it won't be over for a long time, no matter how my heart wishes.

HM

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I was half-listening to the news this morning while I was making breakafast, and I caught a unionized manufacturing facility closing (not auto). It was shut down without notice, because Bank of America pulled their line of credit.

The workers, as of today, have no pay, no health insurance, no retirement. After we see the unionized businesses start closing en masse, I think we will see others follow.

I just got an email from a professor at the U. of Washington. It was a forward from another professor there that half-jokingly said the teachers union should ask for a bail out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.