1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross firing device

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Sight Blinder by Meadow Industries......

Curt

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

Thank you Curt. Just what I have been looking for to correct cross firing. Tom

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I think Dixie's looking for something a little different. I had a machinist friend do one from a piece of steel and drilled and tapped into the side of the rib. I don't know of any commercially available like that. Good luck, Bob

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the rib blinder blade made by Phil Crenwelge and I use the Uni-Dot hooded fiber optic front bead for the same purpose to prevent the off shoulder eye from seeing the front bead. Kay Ohye uses a rib blinder and maybe Phil Kiner as well. The problem is when you ignore the front bead and your off shoulder eye locks on the target and won't give control to your on shoulder eye, then you need a more drastic measure such as the tape patch on your lens.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Anything that blocks your view of the bead does nothing to address the fact that </U>both eyes are still free to see the TARGET</u>.

Associate the bead with the target through the wrong eye and you'll miss'em every time!

MK

6. John55

John55 Active Member

I had Phillip install his sight blinders to all of my barrels, they are a flat metal plate he attaches to the rib with small pins/screws. Being cross dominant, it's been the best "fix" I have found...other than just closing the one eye and shooting as a one eyed shooter. Tape on my glasses bothered the heck outta me.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"Being cross dominant, it's been the best "fix" I have found...other than just closing the one eye and shooting as a one eyed shooter. Tape on my glasses bothered the heck outta me.</blockquote>I'm cross dominant only with a shotgun and tried all the gadgets, tricks and exercises I'd heard of with only moderate success.

I met Phil Kiner and he turned me on to black cloth hockey tape. It sticks like white on rice, leaves no residue on lenses, is completely light-proof and creates no reflections on the inside of the lens. It's like closing your eye without closing your eye. Comes in widths from 1" to 6" (I use 1½"). Works better than any dot, blinder or sight I ever tried and cost me a lot less.

I sold my whizzy sight, my blinder gizmo collection and a hundred or so magic dots (I made my own) in several sizes of white and black for enough money to buy several cases of hockey tape that would last a lot longer than I will.

MK

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I made my own for my Kolar and it looks great, not like some stick-on afterthought.

9. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

A friend from Bend, Oregon showed me his Keen Sights rib that actually has the bead in a grove on the add-on rib. It can only be seen by the shooting eye.

Pretty slick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.