1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross Fire elimination help-

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cottondoctor, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Does anyone know a source of one of the cross fire eliminating blinders to attach to the side of the rib? In their videos it looks like Phil Kiner and Harlan Campbell have them that attach to the side of the rib and not to the top. Meadow Industries has one shaped like angle iron that sticks on top of the rib. This small amount attached to the top of the rib is a distraction.
    Does anyone make one that attaches to the side of the rib?

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Both Phil and Harlan had their sight blinders installed by a gunsmith. They are screwed to the side of the rib. Phil had his done by Tom Wilkinson, and I'm not certain where Harlan had his done. Phillips Gunsmithing does them for $50.00 per barrel. I have the Meadow Industries units and have had no problem at all with them. I got used to them in no time and now don't even notice they are there. I have them on both barrels on my DB-81 combo.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

PhD if you want email me (addy above) and I can put you in touch with a gentleman at one of the clubs I shoot at who makes and sells them. My son has one as do a lot of other shooters. They are blackened and you use RTV to attach it to the side of the rib. Don’t know of a single one that has come off yet and my son abuses his more than I like putting it in and out of the case. It is still rock solid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.