1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross Dominance - Different Lens Tint

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by paul7177, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Has anyone been able to solve cross dominance by using a different lens tint, perhaps darker, for the dominant eye?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I tried and it did not work for me. Tape does work.

Pat Ireland

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Didn't work for me, either.

4. dognduck

dognduck TS Member

ive tried too and same as above didnt work

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

C'mon. Really. One piece of scotch tape as big as your finger tip and the problem is solved. Honest. Jake

6. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack TS Member

I'm experimenting with a setup like you are asking about. I am right eye dominant, but the left eye does take over occasionally. I use a corrected lens on the right side in light target orange with a -.5 diopter correction and a plano dark purple lens on the left side. It seems to help me, but you have to get used to the comments "hey you got your lenses mixed up".

Jack Foster Tucson

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Tape or Magic Dots--works every time, at a great price!

Guy

8. idoc

idoc Member

Hope this works. The key here is the section that says " the effect of monocular blurr and decreased luminance via filter". A neutral density filter for our purposes is simply a grey sunglass lens. Basically if you see the histograms there was a dramatic shift in dominancy with the grey lens. Decreasing the vision all the way to 20/200(legal blindness) made no difference. I have been playing with this for the last two years with mixed results. I can demonstrate a dramatic difference with certain people...........Rich

Eye dominance in the visual cortex using functional MRI at 1.5 T: an alternative method.

Liu GT, Miki A, Goldsmith Z, van Erp TG, Francis E, Quinn GE, Modestino EJ, Bonhomme GR, Haselgrove JC.

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Functional MRI Research Unit, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA. gliu@mail.med.upenn.edu

PURPOSE: To develop a functional MRI method for producing eye dominance histograms in humans at 1.5 Tesla (T). METHODS: In the first set of experiments, 8 normal persons were tested. The eye dominance of each voxel within the person's visually activated primary visual cortex was determined with Student t statistics during a left eye versus right eye contrast. Eye dominance distribution was plotted, and the mean t statistic was used to describe the histogram asymmetry. In the second set of experiments, the effect of monocular optical blur and decreased luminance via filter was studied, and eye dominance distributions were similarly determined. RESULTS: The eye dominance histogram in each of the 8 normals was approximately symmetric; the average mean t value was +0.13. All 4 subjects with the right eye blurred had histograms approximately symmetric or slightly shifted toward the left eye (average mean t = +0.56), and all 4 subjects with the right eye filtered had histograms dramatically shifted toward the left eye (average mean t = +2.22). The average mean t for the group with the right eye filtered was significantly different from that of the other 2 groups (P <.0001). CONCLUSIONS: With noninvasive methods in normal persons, functional magnetic resonance imaging techniques at 1.5 T were able to characterize the distribution of eye dominance of voxels in primary visual cortex, based upon their t statistic in the left eye versus right eye contrast. The method is sensitive to filtering but relatively insensitive to visual blur. This approach may have a future use in the study of amblyopia in humans.

Publication Types:
    Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't

9. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

If you wear contact lenses, try not wearing the lens for the non-target eye. The blurred vision accomplishes the same thing as the tape. Just be careful not to trip over the gun rack on the way back to the clubhouse.

10. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I have found the light gray lens in the off eye works. JRM

11. idoc

idoc Member

JRM,

What seems to make the biggest difference is the amount of light transmission between the two lenses. The bigger the difference the better............Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.