1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross Bow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Turkey Hunter, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkey Hunter

Turkey Hunter TS Member

Want to buy a crossbow, have my eye on a TenPoint Titan Xtreme what do you think?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Compare bow weight and trigger pull. I bought my first crossbow as if I was buying a rifle and went with a Parker. Very few people have even heard of the company but you can call them and a real live human being who actually builds their bows will answer the phone.

Ed

3. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I have had my tenpoint for the last 5 years,and have no regrett.Very smooth shooting no jump to the bow. So far I've taken 5-6 deer with it and they dont run far. Ray

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

Excalibur

5. skeetrap

skeetrap TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a Wicked Ridge Invader, made by 10-point. Dead on at 20,30 and 40 ydg. You won't regret buying the the crossbow. $499.00

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The trigger in a crossbow is very important. There basically is a pin sticking up and holding back the string which is bearing on that pin under 150 to 200 pounds of limb tension. For that reason, most crossbows have very heavy trigger pulls with lots of travel. You know how critical a rifle's trigger is to its accuracy - well, a crossbow is no different.

Parker triggers employ a compound linkage which yields a crisp trigger that reminds you of the trigger on your hunting rifle. I've never put my trigger pull gauge on my Parker but I would estimate its pull weight at six pounds; many crossbows have twice that much pull weight, some I test-fired have even more.

Ed

7. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Just bought a Barnett jackal and sighted it in last week. Not the most expensive bow. First three shots at 18yds went into the same hole [could not believe it] Got it zeroed with broad heads to 30 [my max shot] no issues. I shoot a browning bar for the gun season and even though the trigger is no bar trigger so far no creep and light touch. It has got a five year warranty. For as much hunting as I do now with bow it is a good value.

GS

8. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Before you jump, check out the Horton Vision. You might be surprised. Bill

9. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

sterlingworth : What type of tip do you use? I have a Max Point and have had it for about five plus years. Not too heavy good trigger and shoots expandables wonderfull shot quite a number of deer over the years. I like thunderhead 100's exposed blades but this crossbow will not shoot them consistantly. Ive been using Rage tips but not happy with them. They shoot good but the deer that Ive shot with them, they just dont bleed. Ive talked with a number of hunter friends and they seem to say the same thing. Anyway Ive been looking for a new different type of crossbow and been looking at the tenpoint. Lastnight I wet to Gander mountian and had a demo with a tenpoint turbo and the clerk shot three times with a thunderhead 100, and they grouped about an inch or so. My sportshop was going to order me a tenpoint exteme but they were out of that model but said the would give my distributor a good buy and the Turbo, so I think that is the one that Id go with. Ive looked at the Parker also but you have to shoot the bolts with the grooved knock (carbon). I, myself prefer shooing aluminum 2219. Better penetration. Sterlingworth please email me about the tips you use and any other info that you think is helpful. thanks and I appreciate it. Alex Kotter

10. schneep

schneep Member

PSE Tac 15i check it out Will make the rest look like junk. Not cheap

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

PSE's are good. Alex, I use Bloodrunners and they work very well for me. I also have some Rage but prefer Bloodrunners. Jackie B.

12. Turkey Hunter

Turkey Hunter TS Member

Which tenpoint do you have? and what arrows do you use? I'm concerned on the trigger pull and the quiteness, is yours quite? and what broad head is best?

13. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Well Ive got my ten point turbo. Like it a lot. I started with 22" 2219 bolts, shooting expandables. Grimm reepers and they fly beautiful. I then read the book and they recommend that you shoot a 420 grain bolt at 20" I cut mine down to the 20". I tried a 20" carbon with the thunderhead broadhead and they dont fly consistant so Ive decided to shoot the grimm reeper or the spitfire. Ten point recommends the spitfire. With the 20" aluminum 2219 with the expandable they fly really nice. I shot my first deer a couple of weeks ago and it went about 15 yards stone dead, NOW! I would highly recommend the ten point turbo. Its a grand for the package. Hope this helps alex Kotter

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Can you get one with an adjustable comb and a release?

15. dsb

dsb Member

im shooting a X-Force made by Carbon Express with carbon express bolts. Shoots 350fps. it has a scope with mil dots i can use from 20-70 yards. runs up to the fletchings at 50 yds.

16. Rick's

Rick's TS Member

Over the 30 years shooting and testing cross bows, I have found the Parker Cross Bows for the money and the Life time warranty is hard to beat. The advice I give everyone looking to buy a crossbow is to look at the string to see if is riding on the rail. If, it is you are going to have the servng or string replaced after 30-40 shots. In which is not user friendly. The Parker crossbows do not ride on the rail you should not have to replace for at least one year, with normal shooting. If you shoot alot or daily I recommend replacing every 6 mo. Good Luck! But check out the Parker CrossBows. They make a good American product at a reasonable price.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

crossbow trap

parker crossbow trigger pull

trigger pull weight for parker crossbow