1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Crosman Copperhead BBs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I am pleased to report that I have the goose population in our cement pond under control. Last week I threw some stones at them. I didn't hit any, but the thudding of big rocks on ice got my message across that I wanted them to leave. In a few minutes half left. Another minute or two and the rest flew off.

Today I took slingshot in had and lobbed a few BBs in the goose direction - again missing birds, but splashing around them. If I did hit one I doubt it did any harm. Wouldn't you agree?

So much for my hunting prowess report. My question is about the bottle the BBs came in. There are 1,500 of them in an "Easy Pour Container". It's a small clear bottle with a black plastic top that is pointed and has one of those flip-off covers. When I flip it up, I see a solid black comb. No easy pouring from that baby.

I pried the top off with a screwdriver, removed my ammunition, and slammed that cap back on. I still don't see anything easy or pourable about the bottle. Am I supposed to remove or cut something?

Her's what I have. I've inspected the entire thing and I don't see how it's supposed to WORK. All suggestions welcomed.

IMG_1279_zps632864d2.jpg

Larry Frieders |

Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Have you never used a caulking gun?

3. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I thought of that, but was hoping it was something just a little more clever.

THANKS for setting me straight.

4. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

I personally don't have a problem with the way you ran off the geese but you may not want to talk about it to much your dealing with a federally protected bird and some people like the Federal & state game wardens don't have much of a sense of humor.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yeah, I say cut 'er off with scissors at the appropriate height on the nipple.

...but your goose hunting efforts will improve if you then pour them into a 12 ga shotshell, add heat & enjoy.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you cut that tip off I'd bet its easy pour ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You can take a razor blade and cut off the top of the spout, it is made so you can then pour the bb's into your bb gun thru the hole in the barrel that has a slide cover

8. SAL328

SAL328 TS Member

Those caps and bottles are molded in Auburn New York. Right in the heart of liberal land where Chuckie Schumer is the state senator (Lucky us).
    I know because the company I work for built the mold for those caps.
    Yes you are supposed to cut the end off like a tube of caulk.

9. senorric

senorric Member

SAL328: Don't forget our US Senator Gillibrand votes the straight Democratic party line with Chuckie!

10. xb40

xb40 Member

child proof BB containers=problems

11. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Too funny

12. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Paintball guns and enthusiastic Labradors work better.

13. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Outside his circle of experience , that's all. There are no directions on the bottle anywhere, but I used pocket knife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.