1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cronkite Dead..

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

A great part of my youth... the last bastion of truthful news presentation..

And that's the way it is, July 17, 2009

RIP Walter.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

What? You don't think Katie Couric measures up? I'm aghast...

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Well, if we're gonna' mourn the passing of drug addicts and pediphiles I s'pose we might as well mourn the death of left wing lyin' news anchors too......adios Walter.......

John C. Saubak

4. JDEERE

JDEERE TS Member

you said it well old cowboy!

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I enjoyed watching him growing up, but when I started to get a better understanding of the news media and politic's, he fell (left) way short.

His last notable act was at Dan Rathers roast, he basically told Dan he was one of the most worthless comentators he had witnessed in his life.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Unbiased news reporting does not include political declarations that a war cannot be won.

7. fishguts

fishguts Member

Was he on the TV?

8. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

Yea I hope Edward R. Murrow and Ernie Pyle are kicking his ass right now. Just another lefty who got lucky enough to end up where the public could hear his garbage long enough to start beleiving it.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

FEAB9

Curt

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

RIP to Walter and to those of you who are bashing a man that did nothing more than his job I hope you remain bitter all the rest of your lives. You deserve the fate. Dan

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Let's hear you extoll your love for Bush again, Mr. Non-Hater.

12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

In 1968, Cronkite returned from a visit to Vietnam disillusioned with America's role there. He told Salant what he thought but said he did not want to report his personal opinion on air, Socolow said. Only "after much haggling" did he agree to do so, and not on the regular newscast but on a 10 p.m. special.

"To say that we are closer to victory today is to believe, in the face of the evidence, the optimists who have been wrong in the past," Cronkite told his audience. "To suggest we are on the edge of defeat is to yield to unreasonable pessimism. To say that we are mired in stalemate seems the only realistic, yet unsatisfactory conclusion. ... It is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could."

I'm 'nam era USAF and couldn't agree more with his assessment at the time.

I'm certainly not going to piss on his grave over his opinions on 'nam.

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Just another liberal gone, good riddance!...Bill

14. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

I saw a report on the History Channel that Gen. Giap said he was ready to surrender after the Tet Offensive until he heard Cronkite say we were losing the war. He reconsidered and fought on. If that is true then Cronkite is responsible for thousands of American lives. What is fact is that the media has tremendous power over policy of any administration, for good or bad. The past is the past, we have many serious problems ahead of us so I say let it go and build a better future for our kids.

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Just one more liberal reporter dead. When I was young I was naive. I really believed that the guys on the news were giving you the unbiased facts and nothing more. He was as biased as any of them. Of course, he didn't admit his left-wing bias until after he retired. Most of them are liars at best. Distorted stories, half truths, crucial omissions. Just one more distorter of the news dead.

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

He was at one time the "Most Trusted Man in America",,,,amazing what being on the boob tube every day can do,,,,what was that old adage about "You can fool some of the people...."?????

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

A lot like TS.com I imagine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.