1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Crock pot

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tj303, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

My daughter wants a crock pot. Any recommendations from the cooking experts on Trapshooters? Thanks, Tony J

2. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Look at the warranties!!!! I had a Hamilton Beach that the bottom of the unit got hot and melted the plastic where the heating element was. They replaced the unit free of charge after 20 years of use, all I had to do was send it back with the postage paid sticker they sent me.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have 5 crock pots between home and the club. The hamilton Beach with a lockdown lid with rubber seal is the only way to go. It is spill proof

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

crock pots are like safes: you need to buy one twice as big as you think you need

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

How about the programmable ones, anyone?

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

yes, the Hamilton Beach with lockdown lid and rubber seal comes in either programable digital or dial. The dial is a smaller size. I have the larger with digital and love it. Have had it two years now with no probs. It is by far the best one I have out of 5

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

Wife use to use crock pots,however,she's found out the Nesco Slow cooker is much better,she can even do turkeys in it.They come in several sizes.She has a small one and large one.She's making Apple butter in hers right now.She gets hers at Amazon.com when they are on sale.

Doug H.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

We've got the 3-holer which we will use to cook and keep the side dishes warm tomorrow :)

-Gary

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mmmmmmmmmmm apple butter.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

OK, I want to know how one makes apple butter with a crock pot.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As an old bachelor, I LOVE my Crock Pot. I put my dinner in it, set it on low, go do stuff for the day, and when I get home, YUM YUM. The longer it cooks, the better, to 5 or 6 hours.

Get the one with the removable vessel, for sure. Programmable? Sure, mine has Lo, Hi, and Off. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.