1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Criteria for Rating a Trap Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I'd be interested to know by what criteria you evaluate a trap club. To simplify the question, what qualities would make you say to yourself, "I'll go back there because ....." or "I'll never go back there because ....."? What's important to you? Many thanks for your opinions.

LA

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Fresh bagels with butter and cream cheese. And a toaster oven that works. HMB

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I'll qualify that by saying visit a club when they are not having a shoot.

Being ignored by the locals is not uncommon, no matter what anyone has to say about their club.

I see it all to often in my travels.

I've actually been visiting a club for the first time and took new shooters visiting the club the same day under my wing, as they were being ignored.

Some clubs wonder why membership is down....

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Good friendly people, good targets. Pretty much all you need.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

First and foremost, friendly/genuine people that run the club.

Second, fun and friendly people that go to the club. I don't like shooting with grouches or an unfriendly bunch.

Thirdly, equipment that works properly.

Fourthly, targets which are thrown to ATA standards.

There are too many clubs around here that do a great job at all of the above for me to spend my money at a club which doesn't meet the above criteria.

6. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Friendly,competent people who have the goal of making the club the best it can be. Depending on your location, sometimes you put up with what you have. But if given the choice, you go where you are welcomed and wanted. Good management will make sure that happens. Bad management will settle for status quo and lose shooters over a simple fix.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I'll tell you. The open hours. LIke open 8 hours a week: For instance 4 on Wen. night and 4 on Sat. afternoon. I like clubs that are open at least 4-5 days a week.

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Zara, are you going to come out on the 17th for the Grundy County Fall Handicap and try to take some of our money? Kassman's are cooking a dinner after the shoot that is free to shooters... The way you are shooting you coulda been a contender! RG

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

1) less than a 3 hr drive 2 has at least 2 traps with voice calls 3)throws regulation targets 4) uses white flyer targets 5) open for the convenience of the shooters and not management 5) appreciates the members & throws some freebees their way (meals, fun games ,etc) 6) isn't afraid to make changes

Lou

10. GRR

GRR TS Member

1. Legal targets 2. Money won paid in timely manner 3. Clean 4. Keep the big mouths out 5. Be friendly to new shooters 6. Most important do what ever it takes to get young shooters started

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.