1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cremation Surprise

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pumpernck, Jun 17, 2013.

1. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Less and less people are being buried these days, so I would imagine that the funeral homes are trying to prop up the cost of a cremation. I would look to another source for cremation and tell them you are shopping around. That price is ridiculous! Should be no more than 1k with a nice box for you to fit in.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Google cremation discount coupon and you will save money. Example, $1410 in Smithtown and Huntington NY. HMB

3. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

This could be a hot subject and create a lot of interest.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

$375 in a small town in Pa. Blawknox. 4 years ago. Strictly cremation, no viewing, no urn or anythingelse. Bulge.

5. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

I had a good friend who's wife passed away acouple months ago, she was cremated and he told me it cost him 9000.00 for everything and I about fell over, I think pumpernck has it right, more people getting cremated to save money and the funeral homes are going to make it up somewhere, I think it's a big rip off what it costs to get buried, but they pretty much got you........

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A Viking funeral is looking better and better.

Eric

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

In India they pile wood on top of the old man and the eldest son lights it on fire. That's starting to sound kinda practical, LOL.

-Gary

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The best " cheapest" way is to commit suicide, make it appear as a accident (insurance purposes) and the local police/coroner/ME will foot the cost as part of their investigation...

Curt

9. deadnout

deadnout Member

hmmm. maybe the muslim suicide bombers know the solution to cremation. heh heh

10. JT 27

JT 27 Member

My parents prepaid for cremation. This cut down the cost. I would bet the funeral directors are making up for the loss of display caskets.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Why not donate your remains to a medical university? Does everybody good, you won't notice what they do. Costs nothing.

12. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Best idea yet Coach! I wonder if after the Coroner confirmed you are actually dead and its confirmed that its natural causes, relatives can claim the body and take it to the country and have a nice,funeral pyre on your own property? I have a lot of brush that needs to be piled up and burnt! Gets rid of the brush, helps then soil, and saves the kids and wife some money! Prpbably some law against it though. Lol.

13. Avatar

I was once told that selective as Harvard Medical School is for students, it's even harder to get in as a donated cadaver--apparently, many "apply."

Since we're on this morbid but interesting topic, does anyone know whether cremation, with its energy costs, is any more environmentally sound than traditional burial?

14. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

My wife says that out of just plain old meanness, I'd die on Thursday morning and the garbage truck doesn't come around 'til Wednesday afternoon!

I told her to just put me in a garbage bag and leave me on the curb. I guarantee after about three days somebody will do something about it!

15. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

$650 in Los Angeles two years ago, directly from a cremation operating company, not a funeral home.

16. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I told my wife to have me cremated. Just place me in a mayonnaise jar and throw my remains in front of a trap house at the local gun club. Or have my friends load some of my remains in a Federal Gold medal hull and shoot a target with me in it. My luck, they will miss. Either way, once I'm dead I could care less.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

17. JT 27

JT 27 Member

My parents prepaid for cremation. This cut down the cost. I would bet the funeral directors are making up for the loss of display caskets.

18. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Why not donate your remains to a medical university? Does everybody good, you won't notice what they do. Costs nothing.

19. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Best idea yet Coach! I wonder if after the Coroner confirmed you are actually dead and its confirmed that its natural causes, relatives can claim the body and take it to the country and have a nice,funeral pyre on your own property? I have a lot of brush that needs to be piled up and burnt! Gets rid of the brush, helps then soil, and saves the kids and wife some money! Prpbably some law against it though. Lol.

20. Avatar

I was once told that selective as Harvard Medical School is for students, it's even harder to get in as a donated cadaver--apparently, many "apply."

Since we're on this morbid but interesting topic, does anyone know whether cremation, with its energy costs, is any more environmentally sound than traditional burial?