1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Credit Card Fraud???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

file a dispute w/ your cc company, fairly straightforward, and you'll get your money back unless the dealer fights it...

2. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I just had a fraudulent charge on a business card, they called me wanting to know if I was trying to make a purchase in Sweden. They cancelled the card, issued me a new account and cards......The downside was it tied that account up for about 2 weeks until I got the new cards.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I agree. the credit card company, when called, will halt the cash whenever there is a dispute.

Give him a copy of the statement, but cut the account number out.

HE has to prove the purchase with sale documents to get it settled in his favor.

If no resolution publish his info here and on other sites you visit.

HM

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Call your bank and tell them you card has been compromised and they will take it from there ... Explain the additional charges and dispute them being as there never was a second purchase and or goods delievered and they will take it off of your account when the merchant cannot prove he did deliever anything to you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Call the card company.

His point of view is that you SAY there are two charges (I assume identical charges), but in the age of electronic charging, he may only have one sales ticket with your signature on it (the dumb 19yr old blond sales clerk ran the approval twice). He just wants to see that you were indeed charged twice.

The card company will reverse the second charge if it's fairly evident it was a double approval (same day, close to the same time, same amount). But yes, in the end, he needs to have 2 slips with your signature on them to charge you twice.

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

1) tell the guy to go f--- himself<br>
    2) call the CC company and tell them the charges were NOT authorized. they will credit the charges on the account and issue you a new card. request it sent overnight so you don't have to wait for it a week in the mail.<br>
    3) call the a-hole again and once again tell him to go f--- himself<br>

you don't have to provide him anything, he has to provide proof to the CC company that the charges are valid. really hate low-lifes like this that harass customers

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Give me his phone number, I will tell him to go f--- himself too.

Maybe we can keep his phone busy.

HM

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I want in on this one, I am an expert at telling people like him to go f--- himself, it wont be pretty

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Oh s--t, The hardest I've laughed in weeks. I can't call, I'll break out laughing. Bob

10. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

My favorite thing to say is go f---yourself. Please let me in on this one, please.

11. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

You should also call the office of the Attorney General of your state and as them about your options. That is what they get paid for. Advising people of their rights in situations such as this.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hoosier Daddy,

Go F--- yourself ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. TjayE

TjayE Member

Bob Hawkes, Your reactions were the same as mine. Laughing too much to make a phone call. I can tell you are a LEO, same as I am. I think we have the same birth date. Tom E

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Diamond grade call the credit card company and give them the false information w/transaction number and they will charge back his account, and restore your correct card balance. One of his employees may have kept your credit card info and charged it or took cash for a transaction that was never done to make the cash drawer balance out. Hopefully he uses charge accounts w/ your card company and it will get charged back to his account. The CC company will reverse the charges untiil he can prove the transaction was completed to you.
    W/ American Express Card this is very easily done. Some dealers don't use AMEX because of the peotection they provide.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.Longshot

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I wish I could WPT!

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got swept away in the moment with everyone saying thay wanted to call the guy and tell him that for Diamond Grand ... I was just joking, Have a great Thanksgiving ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.