1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Credit Card Company Rejects Firearms Industry

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

National Shooting Sports Foundation Alert...

Credit Card Processing Company Rejects Firearms Industry

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

2. Lew

Lew TS Member

Roger C. I happen to be one of the groups you stated about in your opening sentecne. I am truly OFFENDED by your comments. I believe that kind of comment is not warrented and you should either retract your satement or I will ask the administers to ban you....

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The ethnicity is not a problem. I do see a hyphenated name and assume some feminazi dogooder legislating from whatever she perceives her position of power to be.

A swift and heavy response is needed here.Thjis should include cancellation of cards and threats of restriction of trade suits.

HM

4. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

whats a beaner?? whats a heb???

5. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

quote "whats a heb???"

I'm one.

6. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

I totally agree with 7.62nato. You owe everyone on this forum an apology or just stop posting racist comments on this forum.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Safe bet that people who carried the message were only following orders from the legal department wanting to limit the CC companys exposure in case of any problem. Old story of "don't shoot the messenger."

Eric

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

In todays "sue everyone" society nothing would surprise me. Remember the CC company said "in a non face to face transaction". Which means to me that their card would be accepted in a "face to face sale". Should be interesting to see what the CC companys explanation will be if any at all.

Eric

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Im offended.... Boo-Hoo..... People are making racist comments that I don't understand. I find that very VERY,VERY offensive. I also find it offensive that I don't know if I should be offended. You bunch of racist bastards. The mick from the west coast SuperXJeff

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jeff, is it true that the Irish in the old country kept sheep because there were not a lot of good looking girls around?

HM

11. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

I am 1/2 Mick and 1/2 Frog. Does this explain my poor average?

12. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I'm a HEB and a retired navy chief, damn I was called alot worse when I was under water on patrol, it was daily faire--if you can't take it ,go to the surface fleet, I was told that often---it just show's stupidity --I set the record of qualifying in Submarines----28 days---I showed them----Phil

13. XT Bill

XT Bill TS Member

"we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms"

So, this is Citi Bank, correct ?

I don't have any of their credit cards, or I would cancel them.

Who is First Data ??

Bill

14. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"Citi Merchant Services provided by First Data Merchant Services Corporation is a contractual alliance in the U.S. between Citicorp Payment Services, Inc. (CPSI) and First Data Merchant Services Corporation (FDMS). FDMS provides all the systems, technology, processing services and customer support to the alliance. CPSI is the sponsoring card association member and provides the clearing and settlement functions on behalf of the alliance."

Apparently, Citi credit cards are the affected cards.
    If you have a Citi card, it may be time to make some phone calls and ask some pointed questions.

15. Ertz

Ertz Member

From the dictionary

Heb/Hebe: –noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a Jew.

Beaner: –noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a person of Mexican origin.

Idiot: –noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. See picture of Roger C. below.

16. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

Let me get this straight, someone posts an article on a credit card company's anti-gun position and some racist idiots response is racial slurs? And then some posters that claim to be from those very same ethnic groups tell people to ignore those really offensive words? Where the heck is the administrator?

To quote from this very site,
    "Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right"

We are a pro-gun, pro-shooting forum open to the public. Slurs, foul language, offensive material all reflect badly on us and don't advance either our sport or our image.

I normally just ignore the posts that are filled with childish name calling, political rants, juvenile humor or objectionable images. But this is beyond that. Hebe and Beaner are NOT minor slurs. That kind of post AND the poster should be held to the standards for posting here that are listed and both should be removed!!

Trying posting the "N" word here and see the attention we get! How about some scrutiny from the Media or Anti-gun activists using our own words against us!

More simply, how about we all grow up, police our own and nip this crap in the bud?

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I have a Shell Citi card that I use for a couple hundred bucks a month for gasoline. I plan to cancel it.

18. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Seems nato,tony, etc., indeed are a little delicate. You guys need to ask yourselves if there was malice and hate in the comment. I think not. Not sure your type would survive at my gun clubs, poker games, or duck blinds with good nature name calling, teasing, and guys just letting loose. I'm a mix of Irish and Portuguese and know lots of "sur-names"...lol. Get over yourselves...maybe hanging with mostly red-blooded, America loving shooters is too much for someone so tender.

19. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

How would a credit card company KNOW that a transaction involved a gun transfer anyway?

I happen to have an FFL and if I am paid via cred card, I use my name anyway.

And most gun dealers go by "XX sportign goods" or something like that. It looks to me like the credit card company would have a Hell of a time figuring out which sales were gun transfers and which were not.

20. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

It's postings like this that keep this site out of the bigtime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.