1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Creation of a new trapshooter, proud father

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mono1393, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mono1393

mono1393 Member

My 9 year old boy completed Hunter Safety here in WA state a couple of weeks ago. The following day, we went to Wally World and purchased him a Youth 20 ga. Mosberg for $200. We went to the gun club and he shot his first 2 rounds of trap. When he hit his first target, he turned to look at Dad with the biggest smile on his face I have ever seen.

Riley told me after shooting that "this is really fun Dad! I see why you like to shoot trap so much now!"

Since he has shot several more rounds and is getting better every round. He has received some great tips from some great shooters and so he is on his way.

We are now looking for a nice used Beretta 3901 with a 26 or 28 in. barrel. If you know of a used one that someone isn't using anymore, send me an e-mail. Thanks.

Proud Daddy,

Chris Morris

2. JRW

JRW Member

Chris; Wish you many years of shooting with your son. He sounds like a fine boy. Jerry in MI.

3. TC

TC TS Member

Way to go Chris, congratulations to both of you. Tony

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Couldn't happen to two more deserving guys. Congrats.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Chris, you should be very proud and you have just developed a shooting partner!

6. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Thanks guys. We went and shot a couple of rounds at our club yesterday. He is doing well and having fun. So am I. We plan on attending the PITA Grand Pacific in a few weeks. He said he wants to shoot in an event. We will see how he is doing.

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Let him shoot the event no matter how he shoots... Congrats !!!

8. mono1393

mono1393 Member

What I was thinking WesleyB. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.