1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Crazy Looking Perazzi....For Bunker?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Found this crazy looking Perazzi MX2005 on GB with a "glove" grip and a short rib. I assume this is for bunker trap?

The stock looks really nice and could be very comfortable, but not so sure about the rib. Has anyone tried this short rib or stock for ATA trap?

Thanks

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Stock.. well.. not crazy about it.. Rib works well..

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The rib design is being used by some bunker double trap shooters and the glove grip is something the European International shooters are trying. So far I don't think any of the American bunker shooters have adapted either of these ideas.

4. 87AA

87AA TS Member

A buddy of mine toured Perazzi in July while he was Italy for the world shoot. He said the glove grip stock was surprisingly comfortable but just too eccentric for his taste.

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Again this is just one of those things that I would love to try, but absolutely nowhere to do it. I don't know about the rib, but I "generally" really like thumbhole stocks so I would love to try this glove stock somewhere.

6. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I would love to shoot a few bunker rounds with one too but no local dealers have them. Hi-grade has one too about same price.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

So far.. the rib has worked out well for me... Time will tell..

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The auctions over, the gun's relisted and there's no photo.

MK

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

They'll fix it. It's been on GB for quite sometime now.

PerazziBigBore, how do you set the comb height to get your line of sight that high? Seems your short rib is like ~1" higher than stock, but the comb is stock.

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Yep that's it....geez i'd love to try that out.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I raised the comb to about 1/2".. and it fit me perfectly.. That's just a guess because I'm choked .034/.046.. I was miss.. adjust.. miss.. adjust.. chip.. adjust.. chip... adjust INKBALLS..

My eye surgery will probably be in March,,so.. this was a project to try to stay in the game.. There is no magic rib.. or gymic.. I thought maybe the rib being far away might keep me looking out.. Well.. it does.. but that does not help when I loose vision of the target all together..

Now.. there are a few shooters on the board that have experimented with similar ribs..and have had excellent results.. FFwildcat you might consider talking too.. Both he.. and his son have had excellent results with a very similar rib...

Hope this helps a little.. BTW.. my add on rib is .750 high.. All Good.. Mike

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Very interesting. Ok so here is a really dumb question. My "normal" sight picture is the figure 8 stacked beads and it helps me know that all is lined up and good. But what beads do you have on the short rib, just the one on the end?

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I use a HiViz front.. period.. Now.. if one could see.. a mid bead is easily added.. but I can't see it anyway.. sooooooooooo what's the use..???? i do know a little bit about fitting stocks and such.. so.. I play with the stock fit until it lines up perfect.. every time.. Eliminating the use of a mid bead.. The front sight is just an aid in finding the front of the barrel...

As i get back into shooting.. and trying to "rediscover my style".. I'm a pull thru shooter.. Once my eyes identify the flight path..and lock on.. the barrel moving up from a lower hold point.. As the upward moving barrel get to a spot beneath the target.. but on the same path...I pull the trigger.. The faster moving barrel is whizzzing past the target.. and the correct lead is usually built into the swing.. Beads.. and all that stuff is really useless..It only helps me find the front of the barrel.. The relationship of the bead/barrel... to the bird is what gets burned into our memory banks.. If we pick the right picture.. and repeat it.. You'll usually get a broken target...

You have all heard.. reading the angle wrong... That's the result of shooting like it's on angle X.. when it's really on angle Z... It's called a miss..with an explainable reason.. Visual brain fart..

All Good.. Mike

14. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Yeah I also have the high-viz sight on mine as well....I guess it's just one of those things that I would need to try and see how I like it. Thanks again!

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Perazzi did not redevelop the wheel,.. I suspect..in time.. it will have the same fate as the DB81.. I wanted one in the worst way at the GRAND last year..I'm back to being more than happy with my 3 step MX10 low rib..or my MX-8 step rib.. They all seem to work about the same.. Stock fit.. properly adjusted comb.. good balance.. good triggers.. put the lead on the target.. and it breaks.. I do like longer barrels if possible.. The rest is salesmanship.. Oh.. I do like the 18.7 bores because of their patterns...but I'm not giving up my 18.4 bores anytime soon..

16. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Like PBB said we have two of the add-on shorty ribs that we have been shooting for a little over a month now. So far the results are very encouraging.

17. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Al Ljutic came up with this rib about 30-40 years ago. I first saw it on the Space Gun. See picture of my space gun attached.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.