1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Craigs list is better than the garbage service!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I just started using Craigs list last week and let me tell you, people will buy anything. I had a basement, garage and attic full of JUNK and I posted it on Craigs list on a "make offer" basis and people were fighting over this crap. I had a weed whip from the 70's, a broken Kyak, a worn out tool box etc, etc and I made $800 in no time flat.

A couple of tips:

1. NEVER hold ANYTHING for ANYONE...people will chump you.

2. Price things to sell, if it's too high, you will be stuck with it.

3. If someone calls you and says that they'll be over, ASK THEM WHEN.

4. Remove your items from the list as soon as you sell them.

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

You are having better luck than me. LOL

Rick in Mt.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Craigs has been very good to me. I've been buying power tools for about ten cents on the dollar. I just bought an old Sears table saw, cast steel, about my age, for 30 bucks. Built like a tank and still works fine. Not a speck of plastic.

4. Bubba

Bubba Member

Guy on our local Craig's list earlier this week had a "deal" on small pistol primers. Only $80.00 per thousand. Reach around extra.

5. rick resko

rick resko TS Member

ton about 2 months ago i ran across an ad for shotgun hulls. i emailed the guy and eventually we talked bt phone. turns out the kid was a "stoner" who was moving to Las Vegas in a couple of days. i drove over to his place and he had a large garbage bag full of once fired RXP's and AA"s. i asked how much he wanted and he said gimme $15.00 bucks. when i got home i counted them . 400 AA and 550 RXP'S. someone told me i took advantage of him. nooooooo i paid his asking price.

'

6. DJM

DJM Member

I had great luck using it for the first time this spring to sell a boat.

But I do not understand how they make their money? They did not charge me to list the item along with 4 photo's. The buyer paid them nothing. I do not see any pop-up or banner advertisements on their site.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I have also had real good luck selling smaller items. I actually have some things that I should go list now.

Tim

8. notarget

notarget TS Member

I have advertised a mumber of items and most of the responses have been from Nigerian scammers offering to mail a certified check.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There are a ton of scams on Craigslist but that said, I sold 40 years worth of junk in two weeks recently. I want to move to my retirement home and I decided since most of it had been moved 5 times and never unpacked I did not need it. I had 400+ canning jars so I boxed up all except the antique ones with value. They sold for the same price as walmart gets for new and new ones come with lids and seals. I also sold my harley for a good price last week on there. Anything that I did not sell, I used ebay and it all went. Garage sales dont realize near as much $$$$ dinero as Craigslist will bring

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I'm brand new to Craigs list, for listing one of my rental houses in Manhattan Beach, CA. Besides the usual (local) Westside rental, South Bay rental, and the Property Management Co. I hired.

It gets average one call per day, and most of them are also getting my listing from Westside Rentals as well, but seems the tenants from Graigs List usually had lower credit scores. I guess for Real Estate rental listings they are not as useful as other designated web sites.

I'll try to browse the other sections of it to see how well they work. Needs to get use to the set up though.

11. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Has anyone else stumbled across the site in the link above?

It looks like someone is trying to start up a "Craig's List" style site for guns.

I like the idea, will have to watch it and see if it develops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.