1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracoil reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stickdp, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

Anybody use a cracoil recoil reducer for low gun shooting such as sporting or fitasc

if so how do you like it --thinking of having one installed

2. 87AA

87AA TS Member

I think you mean GraCoil???

I personally don't have it installed but I've seen a number of FITASC shooters with this and other recoil reducing devices. The gap between the pad and stock shouldn't cause any problems with your mount if that's what you're worried about.

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I recently bought a stock with a gracoil. I have really enjoyed it. I am ordering a bumpbuster for my primary gun tomorrow. I have had the opportunity to try a hydraulic type by a couple different suppliers. I have found them to be a little better than the spring only gracoil.

4. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I have a gracoil, I love it. Recoil is not an issue anymore. 300 targets and I dont know I even shot a gun. I recommend them, there are many others as well, do some research on all of them then decide.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Gracoil probably outsells most of the other brands combined, and for good reason. They're simple, durable, and effective. Factory support is excellent too.

-Gary

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I believe the OP wants to know how the GraCoil works when shooting from a low gun such as in skeet, sporting clays etc. more so than how the system works in general. But yes, great system.

7. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

Thanks to all that responded.the gracoil seems to be the best bang for the buck with the ajustable spring tention- the bump buster Im sure is a good unit if not better.the gracoil 5/16" travel. the bumpbuster has .20" of travel whitch does not seem like much but it must be.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Goof point, Matt.

For Low-Gun, simply add a Kick-eez "Sporting Clay" pad. That keeps it from hanging up on your clothing as you shoulder the gun. See link above.

-Gary

9. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

GW22-- I have been shooting a kickeez pad for 20 years & now at 53 year of age my shoulders are wearing out-- looking for a little more relief --I already have 3 Berettas & a superX 1 auto --chasing shells suck for reloading.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

No, I was saying Gracoil + Kick-Eez should be good for your low gun needs.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cracoil

how much recoil difference between kick-eez pad and gracoil

recoil reducer for fitasc