1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracked Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I appear to have a crack in my 686 right next to the safety running down at a angle into the palm swell. What can I do? This is not a standard grade Beretta stock so if I can save it I would like to. I haven't even removed the stock yet as I am presently in Florida and will have to wait till I get home tomorrow. I have an antique rifle that had the forearm pinned with a dowel rod and it's hardly even noticable but don't know if something like that would work where this crack is. Jackie B.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks for your response Jack and Pat. I will try to give Glen a call and see what he says. Jackie B.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I had a cracked stock on my Marlin 30 30 fixed by a very good wood refinisher restorer. No stock men local here. He did a great job. Hard pressed to see his repair work. This is always a option if no stock men avalible.

4. MX3BT99

MX3BT99 TS Member

You should always make sure that your stocks are relieved and bedded in this area and around the bottom back of your trigger guard. This will eliminate this problem.

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Get it fixed. Don't shoot it.

Or...sell the gun to me, cheap. I have several extra 68x stocks I can put on it and MAYBE make it serviceable again.... :)

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check out this web site. They do nice work...

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Contact Rod's Custom Stocks, he is located in Ohio and does very good work, his advertisement flashes at top of TS.com 1-419-347-6403.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

grunt- thanks for sharing the site, it looks like they are magicians on stocks most smiths would have given up on or turned away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.