1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracked receiver on gun******

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phirel, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have seen a few Rem 1100 and 870 crack just behind the port. Remington will take care of the problem.

Pat Ireland

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The comp cracks due to the barrel being improperly installed. Usually not tight

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

One reason the receivers can crack is improper heat treatment of the metal. HMB

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Using too much Blue Dot can cause them to crack also! LOL

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Will Remington "fix" one that is 37 years old? My TB cracked after that many years and a few hundred thousand shell through it. I'd love to have another receiver marked "TB". Right now everything but the original receiver is hanging on a standard Wingmaster receiver of about the same vintage.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I thought I read sometime ago that Remington had no parts left for the 870 Comp. nor were they servicing them.

Give Rem. a call. Probably some gunsmiths on this site that can help if Rem wont.

Regards....Gerald

7. dzneff

dzneff Member

I had an 870 Competition for seveal years. I had purchased it in used, but in new condition. After shooting trap weekly for about 1 year with it, the crack appeared and the receiver was replaced by Remington without charge, just one way shipping charge. After shooting it for about one more year, the typical crach reapeared. This time Remington charged me for a new receiver. After that, I stopped using the Competition and eventually sold it with the receiver in excelent condition.
    Dennis

8. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

shot with a fellow at rend lake, 25 apr 09, that was shooting a 870, he had a stress crack, and what he did was drill a small hole in front of the crack dk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.