1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cracked forearm

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

What's the best way to fix a cracked forearm? Should I just glue it and clamp it or is there a better way?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Depends--

if you put brass pins all the way through with the expoxy that will help for sure-- I have seen the pins that are grooved used- dont know what the correct terminology for those are but they can be sanded off level with the wood- and look as if they were intended to be there all along-- I think Remington actually used a system like that at one time- not for repair but for reinforccement

and how good do you want it to look? if you want it to look as good as new- you might want to send it to one of the wood pros on here

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

" I think Remington actually used a system like that at one time- not for repair but for reinforccement "

New Rem 1100s now come from the factory with a brass pin through the forend to prevent cracks. You can see the head of the pin an inch or so back from the magazine cap on the left side. I believe it is a headless threaded screw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.