1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracked forearm on my BT-99 HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jeff rasmussen, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff rasmussen

jeff rasmussen TS Member

The forearm cracked on my BT-99 while shooting at the Dixie Grand. Not only shot horrible but broke my toy. Hairline crack down the middle at the receiver end. Could not get it off at first but eventually forced it off causing damage to the screw hole. Is this fixable? Where would you send it. Is Browning my best bet. I live in Florida. Thanks in advance.

Jeff Rasmussen

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jeff, I had a broken stock fixed by R.M. Crevar Gun Shop you cannot tell it was ever broke. His phone no is 412-466-3395, name is Mike. Bill

3. Danny Sirk

Danny Sirk TS Member

Jeff,
    Just got off the phone with Browning. They now have my wife's BT 99 Golden Clays for the second time. The forearm screw ( screw to metal) sheared off at the first thread causing the back wood screw to split the rear of the forearm and come off. Browning put on a new forearm and sent it back. When I opened the box the forearm didn't match the but stock and the same wood screw was put in at such an angle it didn't fit flush. The metal to wood fit was awful-loose and rattled. I called the service manager and he sent a pick-up order. He has apologized for the poor workmanship and said the gun should never have passed inspection or left the service department. He said it will be repaired as a warranty item.

I was supposed to have received an e-mail today with a return date but have heard nothing.

I would contact the Browning service department and tell them what has happened and maybe they will help you also.

4. jeff rasmussen

jeff rasmussen TS Member

That is exactly what happened to my gun except the screw broke in the middle. Seems to be a flaw somewhere.

Thanks for the info-Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 forearm cracking

bt-99 forearm screw sheared