1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CPAP users

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by POWDER RIVER, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POWDER RIVER

POWDER RIVER TS Member

I want to go to the cabin, but

we do not have electric power.

Has anyone have expierence in

using battery power? We like

to stay for three days.

John

2. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Yes, we do all the time during deer season etc. Using a inverter and battery will last 3 days. We use our older trolling batteries or starting batteries that were still good but were replaced. Now we have a used bus battery a lot bigger but heavier than hell and it will last a week. My buddy and I are both using one. Just recently got the nose pillows and love them. Ken U

3. qshooter

qshooter Member

If your unit has the hookup for 12volt,just get a rv alligator clipped battery plug for about 10bucks. Then hook to a deep cycle battery. Mine was used for 7days, when hooked to charger was at 75% left. The battery pak for cpap from manufacturer lasts 24hrs total,then crapped out after 13months. Warranty was 1yr,battery unit cost $400. My cpap is shown aa 4amp draw,so a car battery lasts a long time. Nose pillow are great! Randall

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ditto on the nose pillows - I ditched a mask years ago. In fact, when I first started using a CPAP device, I wrote a column about sleep apnea and discovered I had several readers who also used a CPAP. We compared notes about masks and when a bunch of us went to nose pillows, we soon had a little "nose pillow club" going where those of us who used the same type of pillow mask - back then, that was an Infinity 581 - but needed extras in our size swapped our new ones of the wrong size so everyone had spares of their size. The kind I use now seems to last forever - I have a complete new mask assembly I haven't opened yet because my old one still works great with its original pillow in it.

Ed

5. MaxumImpact

MaxumImpact TS Member

I use my CPAP with a battery all the time. We RV alot and when dry camping I use the vehicle battery with a inverter to run my CPAP. I did have a unit that was not 12v compatiable. This has been replaced with one that has a direct plug for use with 12v battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.