1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coyote what to do!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Specht, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

As of two days ago a Coyote problem as developed in my neborhood. I live in a suburb of Chicago about 15 miles west of the center of downtown. We've had sunk issues which the city I live in will do nothing to correct; now we have a Coyote ( at least one) that is unafraid of humans and on the large size. Last Sunday I was on my deck reading the paper and turn to look in the yard, here stands this Coyote not 30 feet from me; it looked at me then went behing my garage and walked away. This coyote must be 40 lbs or more. I have two dogs and many of the nebors have dogs short of shooting any ideas for getting rid of it? I have seen coyotes during the day in farmland areas on occassion but thought they were night hunters? My dogs are young one is small about 13 lbs the other is 75 lbs but wouldn't stand a chance with a coyote

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Feed him a steak injected with antifreeze.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

There is another thread about CB caps.....

I know you said you didn't want to go there but that is the only thing short of non selective poisons that will take care of the problem. If you let the problem grow you will regret it.

4. 100straight

100straight Member

Does your city have an animal control department?

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

100 straight, the city has an animal control dept, I called and they won't do anything.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Shot outside of the bedroom window will be heard but not seen, then play dumb. A coyote or my kid, hum, tough choice, NOT.

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Stick an arrow in it. A well placed shot and it will go nowhere but in a circle.

8. 100straight

100straight Member

Bruce,

What City are you in? Call the Mayor, the City Administrator, and your Council member. Explain your concern to them. Attend a City Council meeting. They can tell Animal Control to do something. However, some communities have ordinances written that place the remedy on the homeowner to hire a pest control company. If that's the case you may have to head up a community group to change the ordinance.

Mark.

9. 100straight

100straight Member

Here's a story from Oak Park.

10. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Call Obamy he can fix anything just ask.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use 22 shorts, they will run but die and it is quiet. I just did a large raccoon a few minutes ago. He has killed several neighbors kitties lately. I like the anti freeze deal but how do you keep other pets from it

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

You wait until he is in your sight then you throw it to him. He'll spook, but he will not pass it up. Keep your eye on him so no neighborhood pets get near it. Bulge

13. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Subsonic 22 shells. Less than 1000fps sound just like a paintball gun.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

you can make a "muffler" like I did and use it to shoot through it from inside your home by just opening a window or door enough to not give yourself away....take a tall circular plastic kitchen waste basket...cut a 3x5 oval shaped hole in the bottom with an exacto knife..then use either egg crate foam or acoustic sound deadener foam like they use in recording studios and line the entire interior (including the bottom around the hole you cut)of the basket with it, attaching it with spray contact adhesive...When you shoot just support the basket on a small table inserting the muzzle a few inches inside the large top opening and aiming through the hole in the bottom at your target....All that is heard if anything at all is a dull thump.....sounds like your problem is going to get worse so you might have to be ready for a fair amount of pest elimination

15. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

OR Call this Guy
    <a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=coyotes1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

16. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

We had a real problem with feral cats in our neighborhood. Several women feeding the wild "kittys"; cat crap all over the place; etc. Coyote population is on an upswing and feral cats are just about extinct now. Seems about every 5 years the mange hits the coyotes and kills them off. Being pretty rural here I will take the coyotes over those feral cats.

17. Maumee River Rat

Maumee River Rat Member

Hey LeadMan: go to varmintal.com and click on coyote attacks,Ed.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  19. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

2 years ago a man in Green Valley , AZ was cookiing on a open grill and jumped his 4 ft fence and bit him. That proves they will attack people

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

1) High-powered air rifle to the noggin.

2) Bury it with a shovel.

3) Bury the shovel!

LOL!

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.