1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

coyote hunting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I know you can call them in the late evening can you call them in the morning just as easy.Any special tricks to the morning.
    Monty

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Boy are you asking for it. There is alot of things you need to know. Do a search on here and a google search and you will find what you need.

Do not be cheap on the game caller. Get a good one, spend the money. Second get from Cabela's a dancing rabbit or fur ball That will help. Get a decoy coyote. Once they see it they think its safer to come in. If you can't get a good shot pass the shot up and wait till you do. If you shot and miss you just educated him. You don't want to do that.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Sun at your back and wind in your face if you can. Nothing different in the morning compared to evening as far as i'm concerned.

Give'm a call and have a blast.

Steve

5. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Brian means that sometimes it is easier to call them in, in the morning when they haven't found much all night.

Just pick your stands wisely round good activity and keep quite and don't smell like you just took a bath you wana blend in.

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I just purchased a Foxpro call for the grandkids and I to play with as a Christmas present. We have not tried it yet. So, I am going to asked a lot of "dumb" questions to start out with. When you call in the morning, do you go in and setup before daylight and start calling in the dark or do you want until day light. What about in the evening? After sunset, just before darkness, after dark? Where is a good place to set the call? Do you set it in a very open spot? In a brushie area? How long to you call in one spot before shutting down and moving to another area? Thanks guys, I told you I had some dumb questions. (I will probably have more questions after I get some answers)

7. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Check out the Predator Masters website listed above. Also FoxPro has a great forum. Copy and paste.
    http://forum.gofoxpro.com/fp_forums/

8. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

will do, thanks for the feedback

9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Spotted one in the fence line at the back of my yard Tuesday, but couldn't get the safe open fast enough, and it vanished!

Maybe next time?

Danny

10. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Good looking Yote there. It is much darker than the ones we have out west. And much more fur cause it isn't that cold here. Good Job!!!

I heard acouple last night and plan to go out this weekend after them.

11. Auctioneer

Here are my Coyote's
    auctioneer_2009_050775.jpg

auctioneer_2009_050776.jpg

auctioneer_2009_050777.jpg

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

that bottom one looks like what they call a coydog..am I right??...we dont have any in Md yet that I know of

13. Auctioneer

CalvinMD, they are up in Penn and they are in Va and I have eard they are in the beltway of DC. Believe me you have them in MD.

I know its hard to see the size of them just laying there but as for being a cross coydog I don't know. I have heard of them doing so but have yet to see any here.

I shoot them as I see them. We all do here. Good luck with any you hunt in MD.

14. Janet

Janet TS Member

We have them here in the country in Ohio; a lot of them. Where I live, there
    is a group of good ole guys that hunt them constantly which I appreciate having
    a very small Yorkie Dog plus there are a lot of farm cats hanging out.

The cats don't bother us, they keep mice away etc., but those coyotes that's
    another matter.

15. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

If you see one like this don't shoot it!

ebsurveyor_2008_030328.jpg

16. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Why not??

17. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Because I will kick your a$$ if I catch you.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yeah why not. Id shoot it and then try and find out who put his sets on my ground.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ok, tell us why you will kick our a$$ for shooting a coyote in a leg hold trap.

20. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Because you guys all think your doing the trapper a favor by blowing the tar out of it, then you steal are gear. We don't bother you leave are gear alone. But ever since the game cam came out it's easy to catch the jerks. They just can not leave trappers gear alone.

As an O'gorman student I love the critter in the trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.