1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coyote calling update by GMAG

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by midalake, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Turkey calling with a recording may be illegal for turkey hunting. Be sure to check your game laws.

GS

2. mncowboy

mncowboy TS Member

an other place to find e-call down loads is from
    http://www.western-rivers.com/downloads.html
    the have chickens in distress, deer, turkey, farm animals, snow gesse ect!!!

all very cool and very free!

monty

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    How about a tutorial on just what you bought from Radio Shack and how you assembled it?

4. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

I'd like this info as well. I have lot's of coyotes around my house & would love to get rid of a few.

i_shoot

5. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Try this address for the Varmint Al version that I think gmag is refering to.
    http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#El-Cheapo

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Johnny Stewart Prey master about $100.00 at Cabela's with 12 different sounds. Different models for different animals and birds. Just pick the one you are interested in and then buy other sound cards for less than twenty bucks. Why try to reinvent the wheel. Yes I too know some about electronics thanks to Uncle Sam but I have other things that give me a greater satifaction. I also have a little handheld unit that only cost about Twenty bucks, the Mini Phantom by Extreme Dimension. It has several sound cards available also. It too came from Cabela's. There are units that use remote contol instead of a wire to the speaker but they cost much more. I applaud your ingineuity? but question the time and effort spent for such a small dollar gain to accomplish the same result. JMHO Bill

7. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

gmag: Forgive me I putter about and do some things that some people might find not so very efficent also. The point I was trying to make was that there are very good products out there for those that are not so inclined to try to make on their own. Now the the Johnny Stewart unit from Cabela's might just be the ticket for some one that just wants to get into varmit hunting and calling for a hundred bucks. Yes there is shipping time if you are not close. Heck I am just 38 miles from the Cabela's in Dundee MI but I order on the internet some times rather than spending for the gas. I really was not trying to start an aguement. PS. I checked the catalog and the little hand held unit actually cost about thirty dollars with one sound card. I goofed on that one. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.