1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboy Rick ostritch bag for sale/trade--------

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by windsurferlawman, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windsurferlawman

windsurferlawman Member

0   0   0

Back about 2002 I had Rick make me a bag and shell holder, which hasnt been off the top of my safe for about 8 or 9 years now. In order to fund a new predator rifle purchase my wife says I need to find the $$ from within my current crop of outdoor gear, so I'm selling/trading a swarovski spotting scope and am thinking selling this bag as well as I can not even remember the last time I shot trap- unfortunately.

The problem is I have no cule what it is worth or what I even paid for it. For some reason Im thinking I paid $550 but I could also be way off base. I've not been able to find Ricks info to contact him, but im sure hes shooting somewhere anyway.

Can anyone help me out with the value or what its worth?

I had it made out of Ostrich hide and here are a couple pictures. I only really used it for 5-6 shoots, then it has sat unused since.

thanks,

michael

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Nice bag. I gave my son-in-law my old one.

Jack

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

0   0   0

I left ya a PM earlier today........

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

cbx. Surf's up

5. cgd14782

cgd14782 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

PM SENT.
    Gene

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Nice bag, I would be very interested if I didn't already have a Lonesome Charlie range bag.

I would look at a comparability equipped Shamrock leathers or Lonesome Charlie's range bag to get an idea on pricing, the quality looks comparable, and the ostrich leather comes at a premium as well. I would think $300-$400 for the pair would not be unreasonable.

7. windsurferlawman

windsurferlawman Member

0   0   0

pm's answered. I am asking $450 + shipping for the 2 pieces.

im also interested in any AR firearms goodies if you are interested in a trade, such as mags, ammo, scope, etc...

michael

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

With such a low-ball offer what do you expect. All you would have done is sell it for a profit anyways.

9. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

LTS. I suspect surfs up knew it was just a professional bump. And I never offer on a thread. Even my last comment was meant to lighten things up... Join in.

10. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

0   0   0

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

0   0   0

That combo from Gary Stevens would likely be more in the one thousand dollar range. The special leather and hand built one of a kind construction easily makes this bag worth what he's asking. Rick does nice work and his stuff is built to last.

12. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

0   0   0

Gary Stevens ( mad hatter) bags are built like a tank and will last a lifetime...I wonder where he is now..I used to stop by when he lived in NC.

13. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I think had this been done by Gary, would would have been a LOT more than $1k. He gets $300 plus for a plain leather shell pouch.

To have this replicated by lonesome charlie in plain leather would be $600-$700...

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have one of the current top makers of similar bags make one out of Ostrich hide and see what they charge would charge. Regardless of who made the bags they are worth more because of the exotic leather. I still stand by my first statement with no offence intended.

15. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What happened to cowboy Rick. His work was incredible.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

This combo would of sold for no less than $550.00 back in 2002, my bag alone was $500.00 about that same time ... The problem is used custom leather bags and pouches usually don't retain high value and is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it ...

Mia,

Rick had orders, and backed up orders all the time he was making bags ... Rick couldn't make them fast enough and he was always trying to catch up, he made each and every bag, pouch, saddle, etc. himself and he had to turn work away because he was backed up over 2 years if he worked on them everyday and most people didn't want to wait that long ... I have been trying to track Rick down and have not had any luck as of yet, he is trucking over the road ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Bill. YOur comment is the same as from another reliable TS.com poster. These leather craft companies are so labor intensive that it is difficult to make money while putting out a quality item as windsurfer is offering. I bought my Cowboy Rick bag back at the 88 grand. I'm sure I paid at least 250 for a plain leather bag. I gave that to my SIL and he proudly uses it. I'll see if I can get him to post a picture of his.

Jack

18. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

0   0   0

Cowboy Rick was at the Minnesota State Shoot last July. For many years now he has made and donated one of his custom shooting bags for the Elaine Bolich Trophy which goes to the HAA for the top score of the MN Lady 11 resident. No repeat wins on the bag and it was always donated by John Bolich, Elaine's husband. Rick was a son-in law to John and Elaine, both who have passed away.

Rick looked real good and while he was there he bid on and won the beautiful yellow Lab puppy at our Youth Auction. Rick has been a huge supporter of the Youth Auction for many years. His sole purpose was to bring the bag he was donating and win that puppy. And he traveled half way across the country to do it. A class act for sure.

Jim W

19. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

0   0   0

Its nice to tote a custom quality range bag while a shoot. This is an awesome price.. if I didnt already have one this would be headed my way..for sure. My friend had a custom bag made years ago by Rick..priceless. Rick made exactly what my friend wanted.. This matched set is sweet..

20. windsurferlawman

windsurferlawman Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cowboy rick leather

cowboy rick pouches