1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cow Palace Gun Show

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by semperfi909, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Been ten years or so since I went over to SF for this. Anybody know what the thing is like now? Worth taking the time to drive over from Sacto?

thanks
    Charlie

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Cow Palace is in Mitchell??

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

San Francisco still allows gun-shows? Amazing.

4. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I went to it last year and decided not to bother doing it again any time soon.

Lots of "soldier of fortune" types walking around in combat boots and/or military camos, sniffing very uninteresting guns and lots of "literature", knives, swords and very old ammunition. Absolutely no competition shotguns. Just junk.

I took about an hour to walk by all the tables, and I never saw a single thing worth even picking up to look at.

Ted K.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Best one I was ever at was the "Crossroads of the West" at the AZ state Fair Grounds in Phoenix.

Man, several buildings and a couple outdoor pavilions. My feet were sore when I was done.

Don't go to ANY gun show expecting target shotguns. A big shoot is better for that.

Number 2 was a big one at Datyton I went to. One guy had 7 tables with nothing but Browning take down .22's.

HM

6. semperfi909

Actually the Reno show in Nov is about as good as it gets on the West coast. that's in conjunction with the Winchester Collectors show. Went to Tulsa last Nov for the show there and it was about as old time gun show as I've seen. Not much high grade stuff but mega show - bigger than the Great Western used to be and no swap meet crap. Some camos but they were huntin' camos not sojer camos. Plan to hit it again this year jist fer grins. The Reno show too the week before.

I have been on my way to the Phoenix show a couple times and got distracted. May make it yet.

Guess I'll pass on moo town - thanks

Charlie

7. edbon9

edbon9 Member

yes, you'd be better off going to the show in reno. the cow palace show
    has been in decline since you last went. and if you are looking for ammo
    esp 223/308/9/45 it goes out fast. there is a line at least a half hr
    before the doors open.

8. semperfi909

And I forgot to mention the LasVegas collectors/sporting arms show in Jan if you want to fingerprint the most expensive guns on the planet. Looking to blow $200K-300K quick and easy? hahaha

Charlie

9. sbhced

sbhced Member

CC2000, The Corn Palace is in Mitchell.

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I went to a gun show 10 years ago, I picked up a browning 9mm (not sure why) and the ahole behind the table barked something at me about fingerprinting his guns.. 2 years later I took a citori to a gun show and some old fart cornered me and bashed me for "still trying to pawn off that piece of junk" I didnt know him from adam but I felt like warping the barrels up beside his head.. needless to say i havent been back to one in years..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.