1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Covered Trap Field ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crossman, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossman

crossman Member

Has anyone ever seen a covered firing line from the 16 yd line back to the 27?
    If it were built, other than noise, what would be some of the drawbacks?

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I'd always thought about a way to cover the firing line to reduce the exposure to the elements. My thought was something that would move on tracks from the 16 yard line to the 27 yard line and cover maybe 2 or 3 yards to account for a handicap squad at different yardages. Something that could be moved easily by two people.

Scott

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I always wanted to see a trap range inside of an fabric golf dome type structure. If set up properly with a shot barier 100 yards out, you could shoot year round in climate controlled comfort and have 100% lead reclaimation.

Jeff

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We have 3 clubs in our area about 10 miles apart with roof over the 27 yard line
    1 is open in the rear, and 1 is closed in at the rear but not on the sides.
    the other is covered and enclosed to break the wind and 2 have salamander fuel oil heaters for the cold months.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. crossman

crossman Member

The idea was brought up at our monthly meeting. We loose a lot of shoots and shooters due to the weather. Thinking of ways to keep the shooters coming.

6. break25

break25 TS Member

Dr.Longshot. Pictures would be interesting.

CHAZZ

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Why not just have 5 kids all holding big golf umbrellas over the shooters so they do not get wet or let the sun hit them or have for loan to all shooters those umbrella hats so they can wear them and not let the weather hit them.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Covered firing lines are common for Bunkers. We are in the process of building one for our new Bunker at Gator Skeet and Trap in Gainesville. No problems if its only a trap field but if its a combination skeet and trap it will be difficult.

TB

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

DA...all the more reason for the short yardage shooters to want to get better at Handicap...in order to move back with the 'big boys'.

10. 682b

682b Member

Jeff, I like your inside shooting idea. Years ago there were some pictures of trapshooting in Madison Square Garden. I tried to look these up but David is still working on the old search files. I don't remember if it had a roof or not. JIM

11. starship

starship TS Member

Mitchells has a cover over the 5-stand positions but not others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.