1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

coustom stock prices?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapman99, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

im looking into getting a coustom stock made for my xt, what could i expect to pay? fit to me is more important but i also would like something that looks decent is there such a thing as a good low cost costom stock.

thanks jim

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

I am sure that there will be Many comments about your Question and or my Reply.
    No such thing as Low Cost Custom Stock Sets...made to Fit.
    As for Pricing, for an XT.....About the Cost of a XT. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

By the time one picks out the wood blank and has it fitted and finished you damn sure could knock the hell out of 4-5000 dollars depending on the type of wood.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd figure $2500 as a starting point and go up from there.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you've got an XT, get a PFS, it will do everything fit wise that a custom stock will do, if fit is the problem. If you want fit and looks, yo have to go for a custom stock-- I wouldn't put that much money into an XT.

Phil Berkowitz

6. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Once you actually do a custom fitted stock, you will see just how much time and work goes into the whole process. Its really fairly inexpensive for quality work given everything necessary to turn out a finished product. The "other costs" can amount to quite a bit - if you have to travel, hotel, food, etc. - not to mention your wife reminding you of what you spent.

Eric

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I think that we are the only company with published prices. An XT is a tange style receiver and the cost for fitting and labor to produce stock and forend is $ 2,400.00. That also includes deluxe finish, checkering, 4-way adjustable comb, and recoil pad then add the wood cost to the $ 2,400.00. If you are looking for inexpensive wood you can look at our other web site www.customwoodblanks.com We have a good selection of lower dollar wood that still hase very attractive grain. Thank you,

Dennis DeVault

8. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Now we have it from the Master Himself...Just as I said...Cost for Custom set for an XT...About the Cost of a XT. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

9. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

thanks for the info guys guess i just need to set up a appointment with Dennis and go from there

10. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Mr. DeVault, will you be at the Grand?

Osker Reynolds

11. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

tuscarora 99:

Dennis told me in an email a month ago he could not be at the Grand.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

12. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thanks for the info Mr Batchelar. Everybody have a good one.

Osker

13. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

trapman99 , You will need custom if you require lots of offset. Custom is nice but if you are of average build and right handed ,you probably don't really need one . I would get a pre-made stock as Benchrest advised. Don't bugger up the factory stock. For example, at the Grand, Wenig will have barrels full of rough, inletted stocks for around $200. Shouldn't have a problem finding one for an XT. If you are a left handed giraffe, see Dennis.

14. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Trapman99,I sent you a PM

js

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.