1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COUNTRY GENTLEMANS PAD ADJUSTER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

How thick is Country Gentlemans Pad adjuster ??

Thank You I really need to know

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The one I have is made of two 1/4" pieces of aluminum which makes it 1/2" thick. It was made in the 90s so you might want to call them to see what they are making now.

3. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Looks to be 1/2". This was done a year or so ago.
    Jeff Ryals

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Thank You that is what I needed .

5. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Alf, Great pad adjuster. Are you going to have them do the install?
    Jeff Ryals

6. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I have the Nelson pad adjuster on two of my guns and like them very much. They both are 1/2" thick.

I am currently shortening a stock on a Caesar Guerini Summit for a lady shooter. This lady needs a 13 5/8" length of pull. This necessitates removing almost all of the Monte Carlo. A 1/2" plate would be too thick.

I purchased a 100 straight plate which is .290 thick and this did the trick along with a Kick-Eez .700 all purpose pad.

I believe the Jones plate is 1/4" thick but you need to remove the pad to adjust. With the 100 straight it's just one allen screw through the pad. A ‘T’ handle is provided with the 100 Straight Plate.

Michael Stephenson

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Ok heres the problem . I have bought and used the Country Gentlemans Pad Adjusters before but forgot how thick they are . I have also used the others and they are fine . My stock has to much negative pitch ( a bunch) if I have it cut (TO ZERO) it will be to short . But if I have an Adjustable butt plat 1/2 thick I think It would work fine . The length is the only problem after the pitch is cut to zero .

8. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Alf, you can also leave the pitch as is and install a Kick-Eez or Trapdude pad. They both are Rocker style.
    Might work. Roy

9. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Alf, Kick Eez makes pitch spacers in 1/4' and 1/2'. About $6 to $11 ea depsnding on size. More than one could be stacked for extreme change/correction. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.