1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

counter coil vs pfs for recoil reduction

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by puablo, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

i have a new precision fit stock that i like alot. However ive had a problem with it working on my mx2000. it works great on a TM1, but with the mx2000 it creats gun malfunctioning. my question is, does the counter coil work as well as the pfs in reducing face recoil? and how much do they cost?
    thanks for the info.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Try increasing the pitch on your PFS and the "cheek slap" might disappear.

Rollin

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I have the same question...PSF, soft touch, counter coil, and Stock Lock. Which is best? I realise the Stock Lock is $4,000, so I'm leaning toward the Soft touch. It seams like there are a lot of problems surfacing on TS.com w/ the PSF?

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

What PFS problems?

How does a PFS "creats(?) gun malfunctioning..."

5. will BT100

will BT100 TS Member

G squared shock master,is great.

6. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Alright Rollin, how does increasing pitch reduce cheek slap and fix the gun malfunctioning?! Damn, this site is getting better all the time! Tom Rhoads

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

What caught my eye, Tom. was the statement above "I realise the Stock Lock is $4,000,"

It that true?

Neil

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Don't hold me to it Neil, but I did hear in excess of $3000! Tom Rhoads

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

No, that's not right. It's actually $3,995. ;-))

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Excuse me for rounding off re: the Stock Lock. The Soft touch (new model) is around $1,400, but the magnet makes a big diff. as it keeps the stock from compressing as you mount it.

I assume most of the PSF problems on these posts are "Operator errors"?

11. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

None of them comes close to the recoil reduction of a PFS, but Pats stock lock comes in 2nd. The others aren't that close. AND the PFS has all the adjustments you could want on a stock, none of the others have that! The ONLY problems I have ever heard on a PFS was the operator not using common sense, or not reading the manual.

One of the big reasons the stock-lock is so high is they usually come with a really beautiful piece of wood!

12. will BT100

will BT100 TS Member

The G SQUARED is as goog if not better than PFS, adjustable air cylinder for recoil ,4 way adjustable comb ,adjustable pad and comb does not move with recoil i have uesd them both and prefer the G squared.

13. zinger

zinger Member

puablo, what exactly is your gun doing to malfunction? Without knowing what's happening, I think it's unfair of you to assume that it's a PFS problem and not an install, set up problem. Was your stock installed, fitted and set up by a PFS dealer? Do you shoot a release? Is your stock set too soft? Please respond with the problems so that we can help you remedy the situation. If you'd like to email me, I'll help you figure out what's wrong. Kim Bateman zinger@zbzoom.net

14. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

sorry, i should have been more specific...the problem i have with the pfs on my mx2000 is approx. 5 shots out of 25, the action opens sluggishly after firing the gun. Also out of those 5 shots, when you pull the trigger, the gun fires, but the trigger pull feels wierd-like the travel of the pull is longer than normal. The reason i know its the grip on the pfs is that when i put the wood stock back on the gun never does this at all. Also i just got a grip for a TM1 and used the pfs on it and the gun works perfect. Also when i put the mx grip on my mx10, the pfs acts up on this gun also-but not with the wood stock. i changed leaf springs, firing pins and springs-didnt help at all. the pfs grip for the mx does not look like anything is binding to the eye, but maybe you cant tell by looking. thanks for any other ideas. puablo

15. zinger

zinger Member

puablo, it sounds like there is a grip fit issue with the mx2000/mx10. I've used chalk on the receiver and gently slid the grip on to see if it's rubbing anywhere and then took a dremmel tool to relieve any high spots. This is particularly true with some release triggers as they have extra parts that sometimes cause a hangup. Try to find out if the grip is causing these problems to your gun. HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

counter coil

counter coil recoil reducer

counter coil recoil reduction system
counter coil vs gracoil
how to remove a counter coil recoil reducer
pfs recoil reducers