1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to the Ohio State grudge match

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Well we are only 12 days away from the much anticipated "Grudge Match" between BIGDON and Dr. Longshot.

Several people approached me at the Buckeye Classic and asked if I knew what each of you had been doing in preparation for this event.

Questions ranged from "what type of gun have they been practicing with". "What form of physical training are each of the contestants doing". "What mental excercises have they been doing". "Will there be a stare down and trash talking session before the event begins".

BIGDON, Dr. Longshot, please jump on this thread since inquiring minds want to know about your preparation for this event.

Thanks

Roger Edgington,OSTA Vice President

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Two man Calcutta????, maybe????

Regards....Gerald

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I for one, have been following Big Don's regimen closely! I first saw him shooting a model 12 at the Northern Indiana zone shoot on 16 yard targets! I thought he may have just been "fooling about"! Then, on championship Sunday at the Buckeye classic, I saw him shooting the model 12 again and I am here to tell you, he was absolutely pulverizing them with it until it must have broke!? Just to show you how talented and versatile this guy is, he then went and got some colorful semi, which I think was some model of Beretta?! He resumed breaking them with consistency and authority very similar to the model 12! Anyway, I sure hope the doctor has his highest shooting gun ready to go or this could be disastrous for him! Tom Rhoads

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Let's see: I still work 8 to 10 hours a day. Mentally that makes me want to crush things so I take it out on the targets. Physically I run 30 to 40 miles a day then I recover from the heart attack. To remember why this is called a "Grudge Match" I go and read some old Longsh?t threads.

As far as equipment the stock(broke on the doubles sunday) on my K-80 should be fixed by next week. My Mod. 12 which broke in the caps when the screw holding the trigger in sheared off and dumped the trigger on the ground. This gun should be repaired by tonight. The new 391 that I finished the caps with is up and running fine. Damn if push comes to shove I might go get piece of pipe and duct tape it to a 2x4 and shoot that. We will see if it's the Indian or the Bow that makes the biggest difference. I might even let LS pick what gun I shoot or then again maybe not. By the way none of the three shoot the same.

Don

5. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

BIGDON, thanks for the feedback. Dysinger says that he has some photos of the combatants from the Buckeye Classic that he will be uploading shortly. I am hoping to have the theme song from "Rocky" playing before we do our introductions so that folks will know that the "Grudge Match" is on as well as giving you and Dr. Longshot a chance to demonstrate your footwork and do a little float like a butterfly sting like a bee dance before we get started.

I am really looking forward to this and the monies received from this match will go to our foundation for scholarships next year.

Roger Edgington

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I don't think either of them can float like a Flutterby anymore.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Roger: Brad did catch me doing some undercover work in my investigations of the place.

Don

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I know it's mainly for charity, but what is the personal bet? In other words, when BIGDON wins what is Dr. Longshot required to do?

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I think the loser should have to wear a Federal Pink T-Shirt for Singles Champioship Saturday at the Ohio State. BIGDON... try Miller Draft in a Bottle! Great beer for training the mind & body!

blade819

10. blade819

Won singles.

blade819

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I read the bashings an ALL AMERICAN does to posters on this site and that is what brought on this grudge match, and Big Don's mis beliefs in my tried and true patterning of my guns.

I made an adjustment to my SILVER SEITZ last night and will see if it works tomarrow night.

I have been trying to get my right shoulder rotator cuff to quit hurting have been taking FLEXARILL and GLUCOSOMINE tabs 3 times a day.

Been practicing on 4 hole targets at an un-known to others sight.

I don't have to worry about practicing on slow pulls as we all get them on Friday Nights buddy shoots.

How can we get more money in this shoot for the charity?

I wore shorts for the fist time in my shooting history at Buckeye Classic my
    white legs might blind Big Don if I decide to wear them at the GRUDGE MATCH.

ALL MY FIRST SHOT LINE LOADS on buddies is 1200fps as well as all my shells used in registered.

Does anybody have anything we can raffle off to raise money.

How about placing bets on each of us and winners get a 50% money back from the pot. 100% of the money bet on the loser goes to charity?

A splatter board is not going to raise enough money.

You can get my Autograph for $10.00 just give me the money and I will autograph
    your paper, and give the money to Brad Dysinger how many want my signature for
    $10.00.

I walked to Vandalia and back Tuesday and Wednesday about 80 miles 160 round trip.

When I got back I was so tired, I had a dream, Dolly Parton was my mother and she bottle fed me with Similac.

I will be shooting an AMERICAN MADE GUN in the grudge match, w/ AMERICAN MADE SHELLS.

If we have a shootoff can I use my 35.5 Grs Longshot w 1 1/8th oz #6s in a NITRO 27 Hull?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Dr.Longshot

Been practicing 16yd targets w/ 22 long rifle bullets as they are also 1200fps shells, pattern is a little tighter.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I was considering coming to Ohio State but with these two great shots both wanting to levigate each other , I am a little afraid of nuclear fallout. Being from KY I will see if I can get a mask that will protect me form a new syndrome that is bound to develop, "TIRS", aka Target Inhalation Respiratory Syndrome. The smoke that will be generated will probably cause such an increase of acid rain that Canada will demand the Cardinal be shut down. We need to proceed with caution. This new respiratory illness may be the beginning of the end for these two well known Trapshooters.com posters. Please send me $25.00 and I will come up with an antidote. Masks (brown paper bags with paper towel over inhale apparatus) are only $30.

Charlie Becknell

14. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

All of the boys down here on the Ohio/Kentucky border were making plans yesterday to drive on up north for this Yankee grudge match. We still cannot get the Dodge Charger started as Stinky had to reclaim his battery and put it back in the tractor to get his tobacco crop in. Flamer volunteered the old school bus sitting behind his barn for transportation if we could get it running and help him move out the boiler and the kettle of the still.

Unfortunately Louie Morgan stopped by the club and explained to the boys that they could not actually participate in this match and shoot at the Yankee's. This severely dampened the mood as the boys were all worked up after watching that Hatfield/McCoy show last week on television.

If you see an old school bus in the parking lot with smoke coming out the back emergency exit do not be alarmed and alert the revenu....errrr...uh.....authorities. Just stop by and say howdy and have a few sips of Flamer's world famous lemonade.

doc

15. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

What is the specfic date and time of this match.

Sounds like Thunderdome . . . 2 men enter, 1 man leaves.

doc,

What days do you plan on being at the Ohio State Shoot? I'm sure a couple of the guys from Coonhunters would enjoy meeting you and having some of that lemonade.

John E., Tri-County Coonhunters

16. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Here is more info on the "Grudge Match".

It will take place on 6/18/12 at about 6:05 PM in front of the OSTA Hall of Fame building. We have 2 sets of bleachers for the folks to use to watch the match.

I hope to have the theme song from "Rocky" ready to play over the PA system so that everyone will know the match is about to start.

Format will be as follows: 25 targets shot from the 30 yard line set at 2 hole using voice calls. Followed by 25 targets from the 25 yard line set at 3 hole 55 yard distance and hand pulled.

We may auction off the privilege of being the hand puller for the second event in order to raise a few more dollars for our scholarshiop fund which is where all proceeds will go.

I assume photo ops will be available but want to make sure the two combatants are OK with this.

Hope to see you there.

Roger Edgington

17. Dr.Longshot

Be sure and send check made out to the OSTA Grudge Match and whom you are wagering on any amount of $5.00 or more is welcome, I believe since it is going to charity it will be tax deductible.

If you name the shooter on your check or note of which shooter you are betting on so they can see who is drawing the most money.

The shooters are myself Dr.longshot Gary Bryant, and Big Don Don Hoffman
    I am a Buckeye and Big Don is a I believe a Spartan from Michigan State in otherwords he is not a Wolverine.

Zoltan we need more options for the bettors on this GRUDGE MATCH OF THE CENTURY

Will be trying out my new gun adjustments tonite.

I am supposed to be recieving this new ELECTRONIC TARGET DETECTOR next week.

I am putting a filter on the Bbl to stop the respritory problems from the experimental powder we will be using.

Those of you in the Grandstands be sure and have your eye and ear protection on

Those who park your cars near the shootoff area be sure and put tape on your windsheilds to keep the glass from shattered windsheilds from falling on your fron seat.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

I got $10.00 on Don. Any takers? Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

19. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

First of all, thanks to the two shooters for agreeing to participate in this "Grudge Match". We do plan to offer a "score board" as a way to raise money for the Ohio State Trapshooting Foundation. The "squares" on the board will sell for $5.00 each or 3 for $10.00. After the 50 target match is complete, the person with the winning score square will recieve $500.00. The squares will be a random blind draw when you pay your money to enter. Any unsold squares will be grouped together and auctioned to the highest bidder before the start of the match. The board chances will be available all afternoon during our White Flyer pink target shoot...right up to the start of the grudge match or until sold out.

While TS.com threads can become a little heated at times, please keep in mind this grudge match is being hosted for entertainment. Additionally, it is our hope to raise some money and awareness for the Ohio State Trapshooting Foundation. The Foundation awards youth scholarships each year and supports youth activities in many other ways. Please plan to attend. Once again, thanks to Don and Gary for their participation.

Roger Brenner
    OSTA Director

20. blade819

Roger....... have you contacted ESPN for a possible telecast?

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tsc 212959