1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coumadin and Cranberrys a NO NO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I was reading the post on Grapefruit and Lipator and decided to post this also as I take Lipator and Coumadin.

I also had to give up grapefruit and had a ruby red and a regular trees in the yard was a crushing experience I can see both trees from my desk as I write this.

The bigger loss was cranberry sauce and juice when I started with Coumadin it is on the no no list Thanksgiving will never be the same.

Buddy

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I've taken Lipitor for years and just heard of the grapfruit thing. I wonder if Plavix has the same restrictions? I guess I'd better look up all my meds and see whats going on.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Buddy, I've been taking rat poison, Coumadin for about 10 yrs, and have asked about 6 doctors about cranberries, because they ARE a nessasary componet of any feast with taters and stuffing, and only one said not to use them, all the others said one day or two won't hurt, just don't go overboard

This is not here to say it's safe, it's just what they have told me, I like cranberries so I believe them

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I also have been taking the "rat poison" for at least 10 years. I had a "ton" of cranberries over Thanksgiving. Washed them down with several Canadian Club Manhattens. I can remember when these so called experts claimed that cranberries caused cancer! There is always a theory about something; which after awhile turns out to be BS.

5. WWB

WWB Member

I love[d] Grapefruit and Grapefruit juice--& had been warned to stay away from it period! No one ever said anything about cranberries other than use moderation.
    That GD Coumadin caused 3 life threatening indcidents for me and I finally told the Drs "ENOUGH" & went off it. I feel 100% better, don't bleed like a stuck hog from the smallest wound and still can't take Grapefruit juice cause of the drug Coreg--a heart med. But that Coumadin is Bad crap! Hated it.
    Willie

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I take Coumadin (PM) daily and drink Cranberry juice daily (AM) also, just not supposed to drink the Cranberry juice within 4 hours of the Coumadin, no more problem according to my Cardiologist who is the Head Caridac Surgeon at Good Sam here in Phoenix ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Put vodka in the Cranberry juice. LOL

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Cuban, that's what my wife drinks, says it's good for her kidneys, but I just keep mine flushed with the golden nectar of the God's, Beer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.