1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Could ruling lead to hunters shooting cats?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mrskeet410, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

See for yourself at the link above.

2. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

I have better things to do with my time other than hunting cats.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

You mean they don't already?

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

So, what is up with these flaky groups who trap feral cats, neuter them - and then turn them back loose?

What a freaking waste of effort.

I say just shoot the bastards.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Feral cats should be huntable. They are not house cats or pets. They are highly successful at breeding, and, combined with house cats, are decimating the song bird populations in some areas.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

What does Tron's Kitty think of this?

7. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Opening scene from the movie "The Book of Eli", spit roast cat mmmm mmmm.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I believe no sporting clays course is complete without the "bounding cat" station.

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Hey Doda,Once your dog gets those cats treed how do you get them down?
    I have an idea on how to do just that.If you need help I can point you in the right direction.Oh,by the way are you a one or a two eyed shooter,just wondering?
    D.P.Reynolds

10. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

...........or the "bounding idiot" who shoots cats for sport, either !!

11. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

If they are over 1/4 mile from a house they should be eliminated. I work too hard establishing my quail.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    While I varmint hunt for sport, I just can't see shooting feral cats as being sport. It's simply a necessary population control. And would not be necessary if pet owners were responsible and did not dump their unwanted pets off in the countryside.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The only "idiots" are the ones that don't control their pet cats, or dump them in the country. When we hunt groundhogs, we will see 10 cats for every groundhog we see. If they are in a field hunting, they are eliminated. Google "feral cats" and see how many birds they kill every year.

14. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Why would you need a "ruling" to shoot a cat??

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

One of the first rules my Dad taught me while hunting was that when out of sight of a farm house and a cat comes in range it's a "dead cat". I had to work one morning then meet in the timber to squirrle hunt I parked my motorcycle and got in the truck to get my gun then proceeded to walk into the timber. The first thing I saw was a cat walking towards me and I loaded up and started to aim and far off I heard "Don't shoot that cat." I looked and didn't see anyone and started to aim again and heard it again this time it was my Dad's voice and he said " I said, Don't shoot that cat." Then I saw him walking towards me and I watched the cat walk by me and go out of the timber and past the truck and across the road. Dad walks up and says "That cat is the best hunting dog I've ever seen and he doesn't deserve to die today. I asked about the quail nesting and he says "that cat isn't' in the quail nesting area and the squirrels would come down the trees and bark at him and I'd shoot the squirrels and then the next one would come down and bark at him and I have my limit, your limit and two more. Lets get the hell out of here." That day the cat lived. He was the lucky one. Dan

16. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

How "superior" all you men (loose term) become, when a gun is placed in your hands.
    [​IMG]

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

How stupid all the liberal puke bunny huggers are to allow a domesticated animal to become wild and totally screw up the balance of nature.

Go knit a sweater for your boy friend.

HM

18. copper

copper Member

I know of deer hunters that if the see dog in woods will shoot them, I know of a man that had his begals shot while hunting them never caught up to the guy that shot them he herd shots found dogs dead. Just use so common judgement if out in wild yes near houses no someone choice of pet, Not yours fine , you get caught shooting someone cat and the negitive prees on hunters will out way any thing.

19. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Can anyone out there explain why you are:
    "THE world's most macho,wonderful,fantastic,earth saving MAN" if you go shoot a cat. Another question,do you have as much fun shooting a dog,either wild or someone's pet?
    And yes,feral cats do make decent pets. I have adopted them out of the wild in the past & have one now. Tom Lobonc

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

RunGun, You need to get some facts. There are island ecosystems that have been totally destroyed by feral cats. They are natural killers, that usually kill for the fun of it. In one report, a ranger witnessed one cat killing 45 shore bird chicks in one night.
    If you've ever fox/coyote hunted and found kill after kill of game while tracking a CAT, you would whack them too. You are uneducated in the damage they do. Get on the net and read. Not just about all the bunny huggers that are trying to nueter and spay Ferals, but read on about how a cat can kill as many as 2,000 song birds in one year. It is estimated that Feral cats kill 1-2 million song birds a year. That doesn't include rabbits, duck and pheasant chicks, and other natural species.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.