1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

coughing seizures

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I need your valuable input. The past 5 days I have had a terrible cold. I cough to the point where I have a seizure. I don't know it but the wife noticed it. This has happened before; but this happened 3 times today. I plan on visiting the doctor next week. Has anyone had this happen? Thanks a lot. Ed

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Never heard of it but good luck with it Ed

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Get to the doctor ASAP...sounds like you might have pneumonia!

4. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If you are having seizures, GET TO THE DOCTOR NOW!! Regardless of the reason or severity of the seizures, they are not a good thing for you, and you MUST get the trigger under control. Don't waste time, get to emergency if you have to, but get a doctor to check you out, and have your wife drive you, as you aren't fit to be behind the wheel.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Actually it sounds like you are doing exactly what techs have you do when they are trying to provoke seizure activity when doing an EEG.

By coughing non-stop you are essentially hyperventilating. This will blow off too much CO2 from your body, thus altering the pH of your blood. The changed pH level impacts the electrical conductivity of neuronal cell membranes in particular and this is one of the causative agents for seizures.

I agree, get to the doctor - even emergency room. Seizures CAN be a bad thing - not 100% so though.

They indicate that your CNS is in danger and it is an attempt to alter that dangerous environment.

Do you have a history of having seizures in the past? Have you/ do you take meds for seizures???

Good luck.

6. esoxhunter

I have had this in the past. But it is only when I have a bad coughing spell. Sometimes, I will eat in my recliner whereas I am not sitting upright. Then when trying to swallow the food is not ingested correctly and of course I cough. It is then when this happens. However Sunday it was due to my coughing from a very bad cold. I will call my doctor this morning. Thanks so much for the input. Ed

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

This always works for me. It is a bit pricey, but I know when the coughing starts, I want it gone.

This always does the trick!

138080510_400x400.jpg

Hauxfan!

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

If youre doctor wont see you today, get another doctor! Jeff

9. oz

oz Active Member

Just GO to the dr's office and tell them you need to see a dr. now. If they won't take care of you go to the emergency room and ask them (after they have taken care of you) for a new dr recommendation.

10. esoxhunter

Thanks a lot guys. I have a 10:30 appointment. We'll see what happens. Ed

11. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Yes, I have had these spells. I start laughing, than start coughing. The next thing I know my wife wants to call 911.

I was treated for COPD and still have breathing problems that I did not have before.

Jim

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Go to Dr. NOW or Quck Care. You may have or could develop into other issues.

NUFF Said!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.