1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Costco/Wal Mart Shooting Lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Just wondering if anyone has had an experiance having Rx shooting lenses(tinted and coated) done by either Costco/Walmart.Pleased with their quality/prices?

I have a fortune in lenses and now I need a new Rx- I am having sticker shock w/ the prices I am seeing from the shooting glasses firms.Thanks
  2. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

I just had a new pair made by Dr. Barnes Eye Mart Express. They made me a pair in the frames I picked out (titanium) with my distance prescription in them. I asked them to tint them the darkest rose color that they could.

I gotta' tell you, for $126.00, I love them! They were made same day and I shot with them that weekend. No problems and much cheaper than the Decots I have had before.
  3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Thanks for your input. I know someone who had a couple pair of Rx lenses made for his Decots at Walmart and he was very pleased.
  4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I had Walmart make very light rose lenses with my distance Rx to fit an old pair of RayBan wire frames. Cheap and my favorite glasses. Use them for driving too.
  5. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

BE REAL CAREFUL! I had a set of lenes made by a local eyeglass company, they were not any good. Another thing you may want to look at is (ranger) has a set that has your RX in the frame and you can interchange colored lenes.

years ago my dad went to lenescrafers to have a set of "shooting glasses" made. the lady said Sir! we do not have anything that could withstand a bullets impact. My advice if you are a serious shooter get a set made by someone that knows what shooters require.
  6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I go to an eye doctor that I have gone to for years, get the prescription and fill it at Sam's club at half the price for the exact same product ... It WalMart don't have it, you probably don't need it ... Thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Active Member

It is interesting that just this morning, before I saw this thread, I stopped by the local Walmart to see if they would make lenses for my shooting glasses. I was told that they do not make lenses for the Decot type of frames. Apparently there is no uniformity among the various locations. Anyone have experience with the Transition lenses offered by Decot and perhaps others?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.