1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost - vs - Reward

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tolman, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolman

Tolman Member

Arizona State Shoot for a example, if a person is a local. $ 800 dollars for the full program configuring cost of targets and $ 4 / per box of shells.

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Tolman

No disrespect but whats your point?

Hobbies can cost as little or as much as you want to spend.

Registered shooting is not for everyone and it is not cheap.

The cost of shooting is only going up.

Shoot what you can afford, when you have the time.

Lots of good times spent hanging out at the club shooting a round or two.

Most hobbies aren't money makers, I know there are a few who make a buck shooting. Most of us do it for the fun and friendships.

I look forward to attending a number of shoots each year both large and small events, for me the cost is well worth it.

Good shooting Shawn

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I hate it when I keep spending my kids' inheritance or college fund $$ and when I "waste" some of my insulin money to compete in trap. And my Lewis purse winnings don't help, either. So I always save a little to buy a Lottery ticket or two on the way home. Regards, Ed

4. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Costs for shooting trap---expensive. Benefit of life long friends, comraderie, competive sport both the wife and I can do and share time...priceless. Scott

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Tolman, where are you getting your shells? @TSTC $6.75 same shells @ Wal-mart or Dicks $7.25 but it does not matter as Wal-mart & Dicks do not have any 12 ga. target loads. Homeland Security is blamed for shortage.

6. Tolman

Tolman Member

I get it. Just sayin... Sometimes it makes me say hmmmmm!

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Do what you want. Do what you can and to hell with what the next guy thinks. I do it because I can and I enjoy all the good folks. If I ever get to where I can't afford it I will probably still go the club. I just like being around the people at the shoots.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Money is only of use when you spend it.

The reward is in the form of fun.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The idiot in law drinks away 1/2 the money that comes into the house. The house keeps deteriorating a little more each year, it will be worth nothing pretty soon. The drinking hobby makes trap shooting look cheap.

10. pdq

pdq Member

I think that you have to realize that $800 is equivalent to 1,600 Snickers bars or 4,000 Hershey Kisses. It can also buy you about 900 heads of lettuce or about 650 pounds of carrots.

It can also be made into oragami airplanes that you can fly off bridges to impress your dog.

Or, you can use $10 of it to buy beer, chill out, and then shoot within your darn budget, even if that's $50.

I don't monitor this list all that often, but someone is always complaining about the cost of shooting. If you can't manage your money, sell your gun and stop whining.

Now -- I want to complain about the rising cost of wild caught salmon -- it's criminal.

Pete

11. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Tolman,

Money comes and goes, good scores come and go, memories and good friendships last for life, enough said.

Release Trigger.........................

12. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I enjoy shooting registered targets and even took a little money home from last years state shoot. However, I have won far more money shooting games than registered shooting.

I like both and have made many friends doing both.

For most shooters, trap is not a money making activity.

My 870's and 1100/11-87's are worth more than I paid for them. Anyone who spends umpteen thousands of dollars on a high end gun should not complain about cost.

Ed Ward

13. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Class warfare threads warm me cockles.
    Warfare threads warm me cockles.
    Threads warm me cockles.
    Warm me cockles.
    Me cockles.
    Cockles.

14. dale1957

dale1957 Member

Life is nothing but memories. When it's all over, that's all u got.

15. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

My wife and I just set down today to get stuff ready for are tax man next week. My wife about hit the ceiling when I come up with a total for my trap shooting and my long range rifle shooting for last year, powder,shot,primers,bullets, new trap gun, food and miles that I had to drive to get to the shoots plus the places I had to stay over night at. But that's the price I have to pay to enjoy shooting.

Oh just to let you know, the wife did love them big checks that I won last year rifle shooting. The winning for trap shooting wasn't as good for last year for me but I have to hope I have better days coming.

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I had just gotten a Trap & Field magazine and was looking at some trap guns. I told my wife I'd like to have one and she ask how much are they. I said around $11,000. She didn't say a word but a couple of days later she showed me a picture of a quilting machine saying she sure would like to have one. So I had to ask and her price was $16,000. lol She has as much money invested in her toys as I do mine so we get along just great..

17. dhip

dhip Active Member

If I shot for rewards,I should quit. I shoot for fun,relaxation,and comraderie.

Doug H.(Pa)

18. Straight50

Straight50 Member

My wife doesn't know how much I spend on shooting and guns and I hope she NEVER finds out. Boy, do I ever hope!

19. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

My wife and I have an agreement. I don't count her shoes and she don't count my guns.

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Reminds me of an ole song, "some do, some don't. Those that can.. they will. those that don't they won't....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.