1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost to trade trucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Doug Brown, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

What does it usually cost you guys to trade trucks? Say you trade a 4 year old Chev 1/2 ton extended cab truck that has been taken care of, with 80,000 miles on it for a new one equipped close to the same? thanks

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Do your homework on KBB.com. Follow the links and type in the info on your trade and start there. You will get the average trade in value for your area. Print it out and take it to your dealer. Happy shopping.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Do your homework as suggested, then go to the dealer and make them on offer you can live with ... Make sure you get all of the incentives, if they don't take your offer walk and go to another dealer ... If you are reasonable with your offer some dealer will take it ... I have bought my and my wifes last 6 cars this way and it works ... Remember that if one dealer has one another dealer will also ... Check KBB.com and NADA.com to see the deifferencial, might surprise you ... Print them off and take them with you, let the dealer see them when they take your truck for a ride ... I pay the offer in cash and if you canI would say to do it so that cannot stick you up on the finance charges ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

After 4 years and 80,000 miles your about 60%-65% of cost new. That invoice less incentives, not including the tax you paid.
    Ken

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'd say there is a lot of missing info to your question. Is the trade in paid for? How much cash down payment do you have? Do you need financing trough the dealer? Are you planning on being a repeat customer at the dealer the trade in was purchased? I have found that when buying from the same dealer multiple times, I get better deals. They like repeat customers. That said, be ready and willing to walk away from a deal you are not comfortable with. As advised above, do your homework. All the needed info is readily available on the interweb.

6. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Got my answer today, about $2750-3000 per year when driving 15,000 miles per year.

Search tags for this page

average cost to trade pickups