1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cost to shoot ATA events

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cherokee Kid, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Not nearly enough. The ATA should go to $5.00 per day and the State associations should go to $5.00 per day and re-invest the extra money in helping clubs that hold registered shoots attract more members and shooters.

Here in So. California 100 ATA targets can be $26-$29.00. Be thankful for the $20.00.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

For your $120 investment what does your club give to the HOA Champion as an award? HMB

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The club nearby me is $19.00 + $4.00 and dose and very good job running the shoot .

KEYBEAR

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Without any options, at Markham Park in S. Florida, the first event is $35/100 with fees and catered lunch. Each succeding event is $22/100. So if you're going to shoot all three events targets only it's going to be $79.

Lewis per event is $10. Perfect 50's is $15. Add it all up and it's $124 plus about $50- $60 for ammo for a grand total of $174-$184. We put back $3.00 per shooter into class and yardage purses.

Eric

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I shot yesterday at Ogden (Utah) Gun Club. Targets and "trophies" were $24 per hundred, ATA daily fee was $2, USTA daily fee was $3. "Trophies" was money prizes returned to class and yardage winners, minimum three in a class to qualify. They had 100 singles, 100 handicap, 50 pair doubles for 300 targets total, so it was $77 to shoot all three events, targets only..

This next Saturday the Pocatello Trap Club will have a shoot with nice trophies (link to program above). As you can see, there is the ATA daily fee $2, an ISTA fee of $1 per hundred, and targets/trophies for $22 per hundred. Also, for those of you who care about those things, there is a lot more money in options at the Pocatello Shoot. At last month's shoot, with just over seven squads, I sent out one option check for over $700, plus another just under that, and several other good ones.

$24 per hundred is pretty common around here.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Oak Tree in Southern California, a for profit club, is $27.00. Provided there are at least 3 entries, the winner in each class, category or yardage group gets a $40.00 gift certificate. HC Champ gets a $50.00 certificate.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You have to state with what is the member rate for 100 targets.

Some clubs are still at $2.25 a round and some are as high as $5 or higher.

8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

At a local club who does the work, do you pay help. Lots of factors. Do you need to make a profit. Most do. Paying taxes, mortgage.

Joe Woods/Ontario

9. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Considering that the targets cost, on average , a little over a nickel apiece, or $1.25 per round of 25, or $5.00 per hundred, somebody's making money at some of the prices quoted. Don't forget that all of these clubs have yearly dues, raffles, etc. to help raise money. At ten bucks a hundred youve doubled your money. Seems to me that anything over $15.00 or $16.00 per hundred does not meet the "not for profit" criteria. When clubs can throw "practice" targets for $2.75 or $3.00 they can throw registered targets for not much more. I realize that there is some extra labor involved, sending in scores, preparing a lunch, etc. but lets not take advantage of the so called "not for profit". As for people getting money back for their shooting, I haven't found that in the ATA book of rules for 68 years. If I missed that, please let me know what book, page, and paragraph I can read.

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

At Markham Park there are no member rates. Markham is a county run public facility where all services, equipment and labor is supplied and paid for by Broward county. Basically the Markham Skeet & Trap Club are tenants of the county park system. It's not a bad deal, we have no expenses, maintenence, equipment purchases or labor issues.

Eric

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

We can not forget the cost of buildings, maintenance, roads, utilities, lawn mowing, sewage, water, and heat. Consider what it would cost to build a new facility? What about insurance? One of my local clubs burned down recently. We're finding out that those costs are more than anyone expected.

12. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Ah yes - the man said it seems a bit high. Of course he did not provide some type of breakdown to prove his point. that woud be - price of targets, price of cashier, price of trap help, price of trophies. Added to that would be an extimate of taxes, utilities, maintenance, insurance, etc, etc.

Be happy the targets are only 20 bucks. They should be much higher and I really don't care what part of the country we are talking about.

13. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Here in Ohio some clubs are still $14-$16 plus fees, some bigger shoots at real big clubs are $20-24 plus fees.

14. ewayne

ewayne TS Member

Latest Shoot at my Gun Club....4100 registered Targets...100 Targets either broken or used for aiming machines..Club cost..239.40 Meal provided for shooters and scorers and clerks cost...125.00...trophy cost..150.00..fees and free ATA membership ..105.00

Total expenses..619.40
    Gross income at 20.00 per hundred and 4.50 ATA & VTA fees 925.50..
    Profit for shoot..316.10
    Had we thrown the targets for club members at practice, profit would have been
    252.60...xtra profit for a registered shoot this size was 62.50.

A Shoot off would have been more expense as would our free 100.00 prize for a 100 target run. We sponsor these shoots to enhance the sport of Trap not to make a lot of money.

Wayne Wills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.