1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost to re-nickel Perazzi receiver?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhymeswithorange, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Any ideas as to cost to re-nickel a Perazzi receiver? Recommendations on who to go to? Thanks in advance.

Dave Eberhart

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Doug Braker does. He is in Minnesota. Click the link.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I second D&B he did my Krieghoff. Mike.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Had my receiver and fore end iron done as well as trigger. 300$ and looks great 3 years later.

5. mike680

mike680 Member

Up for bruce at d&bmetal finishing!

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

That works out to 6,000 nickles...

Guy B.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Doug Braker did one of my MX-8, it was a great job.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Here's one by Glenrock Blue and A&A Engraving.

I think they charge $300 or $350. A&A is the local company that does all those commeratives you see for sale in the NRA Rifleman magazine on the inside front and back covers. They do like the engraving, gold plating, metal and wood on the John Wayne Win 94, etc.

[​IMG]

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I agree with Whiz, I also had one receiver done by Glenrock, good job and good price.

Another cheaper alternative to similar look is Cerakote, you'll get to choose many different colors.

This is one of a few receivers I had KYguncoat did for me. $75 includes disassembling & re-assembling. If you send them new springs with your gun, they'll install them for you, no extra charge.

Here's an old, rusted Perazzi MX-8 they did for me, polishing out rust spots at no extra charge.

[​IMG]

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Nickel wouldn't be my choice for durability. I'd use some of the more durable/modern plating material.

11. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Beautiful work. I gave up and had mine blued.

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Here's my 27 yard gun that was done by A&A Engraving, again, the folks who make many commemoratives you see in the NRA magazines.

The owner is a good friend of mine. He wanted to try this satin chrome on the receiver but was apprehensive because of the properties of chrome. He said it could alter a shape due to its high strength. He was absolutely thrilled with the outcome, but then again they are pros in the plating business.

One place to stay away from is CraftGuard in Iowa. They ruined an MX14 (a new one). I have the photos to prove it and posted them on here a couple of years ago. They threatened to sue me if I made a big deal of it, but I did anyway. My attorney was going to go after them, but as he said, "The best defense to a law suit is a state line." It gets too expensive. Those idiots even wanted me to ship it back for a 4th time. I figured a 4th time to them and I gotten back a brick of swiss cheese steel. It cost me $500 to have Giacomo himself try to fix their etched botched up job.

The gun pictured was new combo in 94 and chromed in 95 or 96. It is a perfect job and has stood the test of time, certainly longer than any blue job. It looks absolutely the same now, 17 years later. In fact it was involved in a freak accident that saw some rust, but this was 100% impervious to it. It is my pet gun - a killer from 27.

I tried the stock for a day and then resold it. I can't shoot a collapsible stock, as I hold ttooway tooo tightly.

Whiz

13. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

14. deankol

deankol Member

What about coin finishing, like on an sc3? Is that too expensive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cerocoat a perazzi receiver

cost to re nickel a perazzi

inside de perazzi receiver
krieghoff cerakote
perazzi nickel or blue receivers