1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cost to license a vehicle in your state

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coho, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

I was just writing out my yearly $500 check to license my truck in Wyoming and was wondering if some one pays more than that. It was about $54 in Oregon and I think that was for two years so maybe I’m a little spoiled but that seems excessive so what do you guys pay?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Just renewed the tags on my car here in Florida. $40, I think it went up about $4 from last year. What I don't understand is why the state has to send you new plates every 5 years and in between just a little yellow renewal sticker for the plate.

Eric

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I pay about $260.00 or so for my 2005 Buick LeSabre.

If you have a pickup in Iowa, they have a sweet deal for you. You only pay $75.00 a year, as no one wants to go up against the strong Farm Bureau lobby.

Hauxfan!

4. chemist

chemist Member

$71 dollars for a Suburban in NJ- insurance priceless

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I pay $91 x 2 for vanity plates for me/misses. I pay $25/5 years for my '67 Lincoln Sedan.

Jay

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Illinois is around $78.00 for plates and we pay and added vechicle tax in our town (west burb of Chicago) $30.00 per car.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

[​IMG]

Washington license is $65 annually. Toll roads are the new big thing to pay for new roads and bridges.

This is the route from Tacoma to the Gig Harbor Gun Club over the new toll bridge.

8. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Arizona charges 2.4% of the MSRP for new vehicles. So for a 30k vehicle it would be $720 plus $8 registration and $4 title fee or $732.0 for the first year. Each year the percentage charged goes down but it’s still based on the MSRP. I think year two is 2.1% or $630.00 plus the registration fee. Luckily they don’t charge the title fee every year (wow). The good thing is, when your car is 15yrs old or so you only have to pay the registration, you just have to hope the darn thing still runs by then. Don’t know about everyone else but it’s a real incentive to keep a car for a few years.

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Wow! And some Pennsylvanians bitch about $36 a year for their cars...

Ed

10. hairy

hairy TS Member

Ouch!! Not everything is better in Arizona.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

$25 for my old faithful landcruiser here in NV. New rigs are a different story.
    $500 would be about right for a two year old 4x4 1/2 ton.

12. WV Bob

WV Bob TS Member

$60 for two years in West Virginia. Paid $700 in taxes for a 3 year old jeep when I moved here, Plus $30 for a year.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Its 110 a yr for my F350 and 71 for my Olds

14. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

In DE the tag is $40/yr - and that's after they doubled it this year; it used to be $20. When you bought a new vehicle you could get a 5yr tag for $100.

15. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Dang!! I think I would establish a residence with a family member in another state before I would pay those outrageous fees in AZ. I pay $65 or $56 for my Explorer Sport Trac. Can't remember which. I know there's a five and a six in it... just can't remember what order.

16. coho

coho Member

i forgot to say what kind of truck, its an 05 Toyota tundra but we pay the same($500) for our 2001 sienna mini van. when you move into the fine state of Wyoming you get to pay close to 10% of the value of what ever you have to license in sales tax. doesn’t matter where you bought it or how long ago. I had to pay sales tax on my 83 Harley that I bought in Alaska and my 69 power boat that I bought in Oregon. So when moving here don’t forget your KY jelly.

17. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

I purchased an '08 Chevrolet in December '07 and paid the dealer a $221 "registration fee" which I thought was a little steep. I thought this included new plates for a year until I received a " vehicle registration " renewal ( license plates) for the car 4 months later.

It turns out that the $221 fee was justto pay the state for the paperwork to register it and now I have to pay $67.00 to renew my 5 month old registration.

Rich Larsen

18. flylta

flylta TS Member

Florida ranges from about $34 to $75 for larger non-commercial trucks but they make up for it in other ways down here.

Ron

my 1982 Datsun Diesal is $34 a year to tag but $4.00 /gal to fill up....

19. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

In Illinois $85 per year for my '98 Mercury Grand Marquis and $85 per year for my '06 Ford Explorer.

20. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Averaged : True........but the states charging a registration fee based upon vehicle value are probably not subjected to a State Sales Tax, either.

Who actually pays less? Figure it out........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.