1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost to have wood inleted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I've never had a custom stock made, I always seem to think buying one from someone who needs the money or sold the gun whatever was the best way to get a good deal. Well I cam across a pretty nice piece of wood in my price range. I think I have enough wood working skills patience and time to finish one out but would need the the blank inleted to fit the gun and then I'd do the rest.

Anyone know who would do such a thing and a ball park figure on what it would cost? I tried looking a Wenigs site but I can't figure anything out there except they have some really nice looking stocks. It looks like they offer that kind of service but I couldn't find any price list. I've tried to call them a few times and couldn't get threw. Most places seem like they'd rather answer question on email since they can do that anytime they want.

So anyone know about what it would cost to inlet a blank for a Perazzi MX8 butt and forearm too I guess? Thanks a million

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Just give Wenig a call on the phone. They are super helpful and can tell you the price to turn your piece of wood into something you'll be proud to show off

John

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Like I say I haven't had much luck with Wenig, I know they are popular and are a good company but I even tried to talk to them at a shoot and they dumped me for a customer who was interested in something a lot higher grade than me. Please don't flame me, I'm sure the other guy had a lot more money to spend than me and it was obvious, I had no rolex etc.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You didn't say what kind of gun you have. An Auto is easier than an O/U, and a sidelock is tougher than a box lock. Perazzi, Beretta, Browning, all have their little differences.

5. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

It is a few guys out that way in Mo . in the Cole Camp area that worked for Fagen .I used Jim Tolliver from that area . Maybe someone will come along and provide you a contact #. These are stock guys and i'm sure they can inform you better . Donnie Gemes spelling ?? was the person that provided me with Jim's info.Anybody have Donnies ###?

6. kolarroy

kolarroy TS Member

Call Phil Simms in Colorado. He will take care of you. Hope this helps, Roy 970-523-9566

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

MArk Deprez of NY did my gun inletting. Very reasonable and quick turnaround.

These pic's don't actually show the stock into the receiver, but it shows the inletting of badge into the wood. Very nice job.

Curt - Delaware

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

What's that little glitch on the left side of the badge?

9. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

sliverbulletexpress, Have the stock bolt hole drilled also. It is not too hard to do if you want a straight stock but needs to be precise if you want offset in the stock.

10. larry prior

larry prior Member

jim tolivers# 660-668-3580

11. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

check this

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=189470#Post189470

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.